Few events are more important than the arrival of a child. The parents are usually bursting with pride, eager to show off their baby, and fishing for compliments. Gratify them.
1. Start with a direct statement of congratulations, acknowledging the significance of the event.
- Congratulations on the birth of your son! Having three children of my own, I know how excited--and nervous--you must be right now, but hang in there.
- Thanks for sending me an announcement concerning the arrival of your daughter, and congratulations!
- I know from personal experience how much energy babies require, but believe me, it's all worth it.
- Congratulations! I saw your announcement on the office bulletin board. My best wishes to both you and the baby.
- Congratulations! What a blessing in your life. I hope both Jane and the baby are doing well.
- I have often noticed the pictures of your children on your desk, and I know how much you love them.
- Congratulations on the birth of your grandchild!
- I loved the picture of your new baby. She looks just like you!
- It's nice to know that in this challenging world, another baby will have a loving, stable home.
- a wonderful addition to your family
- a beautiful baby boy
- a challenge and a blessing in one package
- all the disturbed nights
- am well acquainted with
- am so happy for you
- am sure he dominates the household
- brings such joy into your home
- congratulations on the birth of your
- delighted to hear of the arrival of
- extend my best wishes to
- has arrived at last
- have begun a wonderful journey
- how much energy babies require
- is all worthwhile
- joy of that first smile
- know you'll do just fine
- know you'll be a great mother
- know from personal experience
- long process of adoption
- long-awaited baby
- look forward to
- looks just like you
- loved the photo of your new baby
- must be thrilled about
- must be proud to
- new addition to your family
- nothing can compare with
- one of the greatest joys of life
- parenting is not always easy, but
- recent addition to
- running a little short on sleep
- seeing you and the baby
- seem to take over our lives
- such loving parents
- thanks for sending me an announcement
- thrilled about the birth of your
- to both you and the baby
- truly a memorable occasion
- very special event
- was so happy to hear
- was thrilled to hear
- will be wonderful parents
- wonderful and blessed event
- your new little one
2. Mention the gift if you are giving one.
- I hope you will forgive an old bachelor's ignorance, but since I don't know very much about what new babies and new parents need, I have enclosed a gift certificate from Doe's baby shop.
- I have enclosed a check for you to use in whatever way you see fit. When our Eric was born what we really needed was cash! So use it and enjoy.
- I have enclosed a gift which you may find useful. If not, please don't hesitate to exchange it for something more appropriate.
- A gift should arrive by mail within a few days.
- I took the safe way out and bought clothes slightly larger than newborn, so your daughter can grow into them.
- I saw these booties when we were visiting in Springfield. I hope she enjoys them.
- babies grow so fast
- bought clothes slightly larger
- bought a bigger size
- can grow into them
- can always use another
- couldn't resist this
- don't know very much about
- enclosed a gift certificate from
- enclosed a check
- get something you really need
- hope you can use this gift
- hope it fits
- hope you will find this useful
- mailed a gift separately
- please feel free to return or exchange it at
- took the safe way out
- use it and enjoy
- were given one of these
- what we really needed was
3. Express anticipation for a happy future.
- Since I don't have children of my own, I feel very close to the kids of my friends and my brothers and sisters. I look forward to watching young Eric grow up in your capable hands.
- Take care of the little one!
- I wish you all the best in raising your son.
- May your daughter grow up to be as good as the two of you.
- Again, congratulations.
- Again, I appreciate your sending me the birth announcement. You two are among the finest people I know, and I want to wish you all the happiness in the world as you raise your child.
- You're an inspiration. I hope it will not be long before we can have the same happiness.
- a wonderful future for your family
- all the happiness in the world
- all our best wishes
- all the best
- are among the finest people I know
- as you raise your child
- best wishes for
- enjoy your beautiful little bundle
- enjoy every moment
- God's richest blessings
- good things really do come in small packages
- in your capable hands
- in raising your daughter
- look forward to
- may she enrich your lives
- to seeing you all
- to meeting your new arrival
- to watching young Eric grow up
- want to wish you
- wishing you the best
Still can't find the right words for your congratulation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the congratulation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective congratulation letter.
- Print your congratulation letter and send it!