People like to be remembered, and a birthday is a good occasion to drop a personal message of cheer and appreciation. You should, however, be sensitive to a person's feelings about growing older.
1. Start with a direct statement of congratulations.
- On behalf of the company, allow me to wish you a happy birthday!
- Please accept our best wishes on your birthday.
- A very happy birthday to you!
- Congratulations on your birthday!
- I wanted to drop you a line on your birthday to let you know how much I admire and appreciate you.
- Happy birthday! We just want to let you know that we appreciate you here at Doe Corporation.
- Best wishes to a valued friend and colleague on this special day.
- a very happy birthday to you
- admire and appreciate you
- allow me to wish you a happy birthday
- another year has flown by
- another year has gone by
- best wishes on your birthday
- congratulations on your birthday
- hard to believe that
- how much we appreciate you
- may each be happier than the last
- on your birthday
- on your special day
- on behalf of the company
- please accept our best wishes
- special time of the year
- the anniversary of your birth
- this past year has gone by so quickly
- want you to know
- want to let you know
- wish you many more
2. Express appreciation or affection for the individual, depending on the nature of your relationship.
- I want you to know how much we value your work here at Doe Corporation.
- This is a good occasion for me to express my appreciation for all you do to help me.
- It has been a delight to work with you through the years.
- We consider ourselves very fortunate to have you on the team. Onward and upward!
- You have been a good friend, and I want you to know how much I appreciate your help.
- I hope you know how much we admire your work.
- I appreciate your dedication and hard work, and know how much the other people in the office respect you. You set a good example.
- are a good friend
- express my regard for
- for all you do to help me
- for all you do
- have not gone unnoticed
- have tremendous respect for
- have set a high standard
- have been a good friend to
- hope you know
- how much I admire
- how much we appreciate
- how respected you are
- not sure I can adequately communicate
- please know that I appreciate you very much
- seems a good time to let you know
- sincerely value your
- the right occasion for me to
- want you to know that
- your dedication and hard work
- your many contributions
3. Mention the gift, if you are giving one.
- As a small token of our appreciation, we will present you with a gift at the company banquet next week. We hope you and your wife can join us at 7:00.
- To express our appreciation, we are sending a gift. We hope you enjoy it.
- Please accept this small gift as a token of our sincere appreciation for your being such a great asset to the company.
- The enclosed gift certificate is our way of saying thank you for the service you perform for the company.
- A gift should arrive at your house by mail within a few days. I hope you enjoy it.
- I hope you enjoy the gift I sent you.
- I have sent a little something to help you celebrate the occasion.
- are sending a gift
- carries with it our love and respect
- enclosed gift certificate
- hope you enjoy it
- hope this small remembrance
- hope you can use the gift
- hope you will join us
- know you are interested in
- know that you enjoy
- our way of saying thank you
- sent you a little something
- should arrive at your home
- small token of our appreciation
- this small gift
- to help celebrate the occasion
- to add to your collection
- to express our appreciation
- will present you with
4. Express anticipation of future successes.
- Best wishes for a successful and productive year.
- We are not getting older; we are just getting smarter.
- Keep up the good work!
- I look forward to many more enjoyable years together.
- I wish you all the best!
- Keep smiling!
- If there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.
- a bright future
- am looking forward to
- best wishes for
- for a happy year
- for a successful and productive year
- for the coming year
- good health and happiness
- have a great year
- here's to a great day
- hope the next year will be
- keep up the good work
- keep smiling
- life's richest blessings
- things are looking bright
- will be just as great
- wish you all the best
Still can't find the right words for your congratulation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the congratulation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective congratulation letter.
- Print your congratulation letter and send it!