In many professions, publishing books and articles is an important means of advancing in one's career. The endeavor is usually a time-consuming, difficult task. You can enhance the sincerity of the letter by actually reading the publication, so you can show firsthand knowledge of it. If you can't do that, at least express some interest in looking at it.
1. Start with a direct statement of congratulations.
- Congratulations on the recent publication of your book.
- I saw your article about seismic retrofitting in last month's issue of Engineering News, and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it. I didn't know you were researching that subject, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw your name on that excellent piece.
- Congratulations on your recent publication. You are a great example to the rest of the faculty.
- I saw your article last week, and I thought it was right on the mark.
- Congratulations! I see you finally finished the book you were working on and now have had it published. I am envious.
- I read a copy of your article in the BCD Newsletter, and I was thoroughly impressed.
- are to be commended for
- congratulations on
- copy of your new book
- delighted to receive
- have set a new standard
- how much I enjoyed
- in such a prestigious
- in last month's issue of
- of your article in
- of that excellent piece
- on the publication of
- read with interest
- right on the mark
- saw your article
- the article you published
- the book that you
- the recent publication of
- want you to know
- was thoroughly impressed
- was most impressed by
- was with pleasure that I
- your writing ability
- your article was
- your recent publication
2. Comment on why you think the article or book is significant or important.
- You did an excellent job of explaining a difficult concept clearly and accurately.
- I appreciated the thoroughness of your research.
- I particularly enjoyed your innovative approach to the problem.
- Your publication reflects well on the company and brings us some much deserved recognition.
- I have been waiting a long time for someone to write an article on this topic, so I was very pleased to learn that someone was you.
- an excellent explanation of
- appreciated the thoroughness with which
- certainly have a gift for
- clearly and accurately
- explained some difficult concepts
- found it highly entertaining
- has added prestige to
- has been a long time since
- interesting insights to
- is rare and admirable
- much deserved recognition
- one of the world's experts
- set a new standard
- the clarity with which you
- the layout and photographs were
- was very informative
- was so impressed with
- you did an excellent job of
- your point about
- your writing ability
- your research on this topic
- your ideas on this topic
3. Acknowledge the effort, dedication, energy, sacrifice, or skill necessary for the achievement.
- I have nothing but admiration and respect for anyone who can put pen to paper and succeed.
- Having published a few articles myself, I know from my own experience how difficult it is.
- I have kept pace with your work in the progress reports, so I know how much has gone into this publication. I take my hat off to you.
- I commend you for having the discipline and energy necessary to frame and finish your writing project.
- I have always admired your work, and I am very happy that you were able to complete your project in spite of all the other demands on your time.
- able to complete your project
- are to be commended for
- brought it to completion
- certainly have a flair for
- commend you for
- despite all the other demands on
- for the discipline and energy
- had the discipline to see it through
- have kept pace with
- have nothing but admiration for
- kept going in spite of
- know how much time it takes
- know how difficult it is to
- know from my own experience
- respect anyone who can
- so well prepared for
- take my hat off to you
- that have gone into this publication
- your sound approach to
- your other demanding duties
- your ability to
4. Express good wishes for the future.
- I look forward to your next article. Please share it with me when it comes out.
- Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with future articles of interest to our company.
- Keep up the good work.
- Best wishes in your future endeavors.
- I hope to see more of your work in the future.
- best wishes for
- certain that you will
- in the next few years
- in your future endeavors
- keep writing
- keep up the good work
- look forward to
- may be able to collaborate
- receive the recognition you deserve
- to seeing the responses to
- to follow up on
- to learning more about
- will pay rich dividends
- will watch your progress
- with future articles
- with great interest
- would like to discuss
- your future publications
- your next article
Still can't find the right words for your congratulation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the congratulation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective congratulation letter.
- Print your congratulation letter and send it!