This letter is an opportunity to acknowledge excellence in the work of a friend, associate, or employee.
1. Start with a direct statement of congratulations that identifies the speech or presentation.
- Congratulations on the professional quality of your presentation to our club last Thursday.
- Way to go! I was so glad to finally hear someone talk in a sensible way about the company's production problems.
- I appreciated your excellent speech last week. Congratulations on a job well done.
- Good job! I want to congratulate you on the excellent quality of your presentation in the staff meeting last week.
- I thoroughly enjoyed your talk at the club the other night.
- Congratulations on your speech to the board last night. It hit the nail right on the head.
- a job well done
- appreciated your excellent
- congratulations on
- did a great job
- ever had the privilege of hearing
- feel fortunate to have heard your
- heard you speak on
- hit the nail right on the head
- how much I enjoyed
- let me congratulate you on
- on the excellent quality of
- on giving one of the finest
- on the subject of
- on your outstanding speech
- on your speech
- on your presentation
- thoroughly enjoyed your
- to hear your speech about
- want you to know
- want to thank you for
- want to tell you
- was glad to have the opportunity to
- was greatly impressed with your
2. Discuss the qualities of the presentation that were especially good.
- I told my wife that if they trotted out one more slide show I wasn't coming back. Thank goodness you were on the program.
- You addressed the problems directly and perceptively.
- You spoke clearly and concisely.
- You made the topic come alive for me.
- Your visual aids were interesting and easy to read.
- I liked the way you responded to the questions from the audience.
- You found a way for everyone to participate; I think everyone felt that the meeting was very rewarding.
- addressed the problems of
- an innovative approach to
- both informative and entertaining
- came together very well
- clearly and concisely
- came alive for me
- could have gone on all night
- directly and perceptively
- found a way to
- in addition to keeping our attention
- liked the way you
- lively and informative
- opportunity for everyone to participate
- particularly admired your
- remarkable powers of persuasion
- stimulated further thinking
- such a sensible approach to
- the way you responded to
- the audience was practically spellbound
- think everyone felt that
- was the highlight of
- was right on the money
- your astute analysis of
- your delivery was
3. Acknowledge such things as the effort, dedication, or skill that went into the presentation.
- I honestly don't know how you do it. Whenever I stand up in front of a group my knees start banging together so loudly I am afraid people can hear them.
- I appreciate the time and energy you put into preparation. It really showed.
- I admire your skill as a public speaker.
- I know how much effort and energy you put into your work. When you spoke I felt I was in the presence of a man who really loves his job.
- We all recognized the tremendous effort you had put into the presentation. You are to be thanked and complimented.
- appreciate the time and energy you put into
- envy you your knowledge of
- had put into the presentation
- hours of research
- in-depth knowledge of
- it takes hard work as well as talent to
- know how much work you put into
- really paid off
- spent a lot of time
- the tremendous effort
- the way you managed to
- the effort you put into
- took the time to
- was skillfully crafted
- was readily apparent
- was so well-researched
- was a stirring speech
- we all recognized
- your skill as a
- your dedication to
- your effort and energy
4. Express good wishes for future successes.
- Keep up the good work.
- Good luck in your future endeavors.
- Please let me know when you are on the program again.
- If all the speakers are half as good as you, I will attend the meetings every week.
- I am eagerly awaiting your next appearance at the podium.
- I hope you will consider speaking to us again.
- Let's stay in touch, because we would like you to appear on our program again.
- appear on our program again
- at a future time
- at the next
- good luck with
- have a bright future
- hearing you again
- hope you will consider
- hope you will
- in your future endeavors
- keep up the good work
- look forward to
- next time you speak
- on the program again
- please let me know
- speak to us again
- sure you will go far
- want to thank you for
- wish you continued success
- would definitely enjoy
- would like to stay in touch
- would like you to
- your speaking to us again
Still can't find the right words for your congratulation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the congratulation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective congratulation letter.
- Print your congratulation letter and send it!