Use a confident and formal tone. Be specific about why you want a credit account and why you are a good credit risk.
1. Make your request.
- I wish to open a credit account with your company to purchase building materials for a new office building.
- I have enclosed my order form for this month and would like to open a charge account to cover its cost.
- We need to make an unusually large purchase from your company this month and wish to set up a credit account to facilitate payment.
- I would like to set up a line of credit with your company. We have spent $10,000 over the past 12 months and anticipate maintaining this level of spending.
- The Doe Corporation has been your loyal customer for a full year and has always paid for your services in cash. Now we wish to request a $2,000 credit line, effective with our next order.
- For the past nine months we have enjoyed a comfortable business relationship with the Doe Corporation on a cash basis. We feel that now is a good time to open a charge account with your company.
- As I mentioned during our phone conversation this morning, the Doe Corporation is interested in opening a charge account with your company.
- a more convenient payment arrangement
- after doing business with you for
- are interested in opening a
- feel that now is a good time
- for future purchases
- have enclosed an order form
- make monthly payments
- open a corporate credit account
- pay each bill within
- pay in installments
- pay once a month
- plan to spend about
- set this up in the name of
- to establish a line of credit
- to set up a charge account
- to open a credit account
- will allow us to order
- would like to establish
- would prefer to be billed
- would like to open
- would it be possible to
- would like to set up
2. State the reasons for your request.
- Obtaining a credit account would allow me the convenience of making one monthly payment instead of paying for small purchases throughout the month.
- As you know, we have recently expanded our business into five other locations and are doing very well. However, now we must purchase larger quantities of your product and would feel more comfortable if you would bill us for our purchases on the first day of every month, rather than upon delivery.
- The increase in the demand for our tent products means that we will need to purchase more of your canvas than usual. To meet this need, we will need to establish a $5,000.00 credit line with your company.
- We anticipate that our next few purchases will be very large and, in order to cover the costs, we will need to open a charge account.
- We are very pleased with your services and want to continue doing business with you on a regular basis. We think, therefore, that it would be mutually beneficial for us to open a charge account with you.
- Our school's soccer team begins playing on September 3, but we will not have all the money for the players' uniforms until later in the month.
- I enjoyed our conversation earlier this morning and have prepared a copy of our projected needs for the next six months. I think you will agree that the best way to handle our situation is to open a credit account.
- anticipate that our
- are making regular purchases
- easier and more efficient
- expect to be
- have grown very rapidly
- in order to meet
- in addition to other
- instead of several small payments
- make one monthly payment
- must purchase larger quantities
- need to purchase more of
- on a regular basis
- our next few purchases will be
- purchasing increasing amounts of
- recently expanded our
- significant increase in demand
- the best way to handle this is
- want to continue to
- will allow us the convenience of
- within the next few months
- would be mutually beneficial
- would allow me to
- would aid us in budgeting
3. State why you are a good credit risk. If possible, give credit references.
- Our company is expanding rapidly and is financially secure. Please note the following businesses that can verify our financial responsibility:
- Enclosed are the names of three credit references who will be happy to respond to any inquiries regarding my credit history.
- My monthly salary is sufficient to cover my living expenses and to make payments on the beautiful engagement ring that my fiancee has chosen from your store.
- If you would like more information concerning our financial standing and credit history, please contact the following references:
- We have held credit accounts with the following companies for the past three years:
- If we open a charge account at your athletic store, we are confident that we can pay off the entire cost over the next four months.
- are acquainted with our financial standing
- are sure you will
- are confident that we can
- concerning our financial standing
- enclosed are the names of
- established a credit history with
- feel free to
- have grown significantly since
- have held credit accounts with
- have agreed to act as credit references
- have purchased supplies from you since
- hold open lines of credit at
- if you would like more information
- is financially secure
- is sufficient to cover
- please note the following businesses
- regarding our credit history
- regarding our financial credibility
- the following references
- the following companies
- verify our financial responsibility
- welcome to contact
- will be happy to respond
- will provide credit references
- would like to refer you to
4. Ask for an immediate response.
- Thank you for your cooperation. I eagerly await your reply.
- It is important that we receive your response as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration.
- Thank you for your willingness to help us. We hope to hear from you soon.
- We will appreciate your early reply.
- Thank you for your help and swift response.
- We will appreciate receiving your response as soon as possible.
- I hope to receive your prompt reply so I can plan future transactions accordingly.
- Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
- Thank you for your assistance. I will contact you in two weeks if I have not received your reply.
- appreciate your early reply
- as soon as possible
- can call me at
- eagerly await your
- for your consideration
- for your assistance
- hope to receive your reply soon
- hope to hear from you soon
- in the near future
- is important that we
- look forward to
- please let us know
- receive your response by
- so I can plan future purchases accordingly
- so that we can plan accordingly
- thank you for
- thanks for your swift response
- when the account is approved
- will contact you in two weeks
- would be greatly appreciated
- would appreciate receiving your response