This letter is a reminder for those who attended the meeting, reminding them of the decisions and assignments that were made. It is an effective way to move the work along.
1. Clearly identify the meeting with a positive statement.
- Representatives from the faculty, staff and PTA met last Wednesday, April 7 to discuss the problems we are having with after-school loitering, and to plan corrective action.
- We enjoyed a very productive meeting on August 5. I appreciated hearing the maintenance staff's point of view on the proposed renovation.
- The enclosed minutes from our October 1 board meeting are in draft form. I would appreciate your review and comments.
- In our meeting yesterday, we discussed the best timing for introducing our new line of power tools.
- At Monday's meeting we agreed that we need to coordinate our efforts very carefully if we are to meet our deadline.
- The agenda for our September 6 committee meeting is almost ready.
- agenda for the Thursday meeting is almost ready
- although we have not spoken since our meeting
- appreciated hearing the department's view
- as we agreed during the meeting on
- at the meeting we agreed that
- enjoyed a very productive meeting
- enjoyed our meeting on
- for your information only
- from what was said in the meeting this past
- in our meeting yesterday, we discussed
- met to identify specific problems
- need to coordinate our efforts carefully
- our meeting on Wednesday was enlightening and productive
- representatives from the staff met on
- to meet our project deadline
- to discuss the problems we are having with
- unanimously voted to
- was a pleasure meeting with you during my recent visit to
- discussed the pros and cons
- would appreciate your review and comments
2. Briefly review important decisions and assignments.
- Mrs. Doe will speak to the school district about the erratic arrival times of the school buses and Mr. Johnson will draft a letter to be sent to the parents.
- We decided to move the date of our hardware purchase to June 30, to make sure we are in good shape to handle the Christmas rush. This will give John Doe the time he needs for staff training, which will begin immediately.
- Please note that Jane will be responsible for preparing cost projections for the next year, and Michael will prepare a draft of our new employee handbook.
- We decided that spring would be the best time to introduce these products, so we made the following assignments:<br /> John will coordinate the advertising campaign<br /> Jane will work on package design<br /> I will revise the instruction manuals
- I was assigned to contact the state office and obtain a copy of the guidelines. They will send the materials to me within a week, and I will distribute these as soon as I receive them.
- a representative from the department will speak to
- are going to pursue the problems we continue to encounter with
- changes in the program
- decided to move the date forward
- decided that Friday would be the best time
- have you been able to
- here are the assignments we agreed on
- made the following assignments
- please note that John will be responsible for
- preparing cost projections
- to make sure we are in good shape
- to obtain a copy of the guidelines
- was assigned to contact
- will send the materials to me by
- will distribute these as soon as they receive them
- will give John the time needed
- will confirm in writing
- will start this assignment immediately
- will prepare a draft of our new handbook
- will interview and hire new employees
- will take responsibility for
- will draft a letter to be sent to
- would appreciate it if you would send your results
3. Remind the recipient of deadlines and/or the date of the next meeting.
- I would appreciate it if you would send the results to me by the 20th, so I can prepare a presentation for the board meeting on the 28th.
- Please take a few minutes to review this material so you will be prepared to make corrections at our next meeting on May 12.
- We will meet in the conference room one week from today to report on our progress.
- The committee's next meeting will be on the third Thursday of the month, April 18, at 11 a.m.
- John Doe will act as our coordinator. Please check in with him daily to send or receive messages or to make any schedule changes.
- You can expect to receive the additional materials by July 5.
- Please get back to me as soon as possible. If I get the information by Wednesday, I can put you on the agenda.
- anticipate spending some time in Springfield on
- anticipate your visit in the near future
- at our next meeting on
- call my office with your concerns
- can expect to receive the additional materials by
- can put it on the agenda
- have the information by
- look forward to seeing you
- please take a few minutes to review this material
- please check in with John daily to send or receive messages
- please let me know by
- please get back to me ASAP
- so you can be prepared to make any corrections
- so I can prepare for our next meeting on the
- the committee's next meeting will be on
- the board will meet on June 5 at the
- to report on our progress
- to make any schedule changes
- will get together to discuss this further
- will meet in the conference room
- will check with you once more before our next meeting
- will assemble the presentation before our meeting
- will act as our coordinator
- will meet monthly
- will call if there is further delay
- would appreciate it if you would send your results
Still can't find the right words for your follow-Up letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the follow-Up letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective follow-Up letter.
- Print your follow-Up letter and send it!