Send reminders about meetings and appointments in good time, so that the recipient has sufficient time to prepare or fulfill assignments. You may send other reminders as the need arises. The message should be brief and clearly stated to avoid misunderstandings.
1. Get straight to the point, without making an accusation.
- Two months ago I sent you a claim form from my insurance company. I needed you to fill out my diagnosis, sign it, and return it to me. Since then I have called your office twice to remind you.
- I just want to remind you that our meeting will be held in the library this month, and not in the conference room.
- This letter is just to remind you that non-emergency leave applications must arrive in the personnel department at least four weeks before your proposed departure date.
- When I let the plumber into your apartment to repair the dishwasher on Tuesday, I saw a litter box on the kitchen floor. The lease clearly states that no pets are permitted in your apartment.
- After our phone call last week, I understood that I would fax an order form to you, which you would return within a day or two, so that we could supply units from our existing inventory before the price rise takes effect.
- This short note is just to remind you that we have not received your pledge payment of $120.
- Last month we sent you samples of three of our new products for you to try, along with a form to report your comments.
- It's hard to believe that the year is almost over, but it is, and the deadline for end-of-year reports is almost upon us.
- Two weeks ago we sent you a proposal for our new industrial adhesive system for application in your new plant in Springfield, Kansas.
- I am afraid that some of your charges are now past due.
- a form to report your comments
- a reminder that our meeting will be
- after our phone conversation
- am afraid that some of your charges are past due
- as mentioned in our newsletter
- assured me it would be mailed shortly
- deadline is almost upon us
- hard to believe that the year is almost over
- have called your office to remind you
- have not received your pledge
- lease clearly states that
- let me remind you that
- needed you to fill out the paper work
- please be certain that you have the materials ready by
- sending you a friendly reminder, because
- sent you samples of our new products
- sent you a proposal
- sent this short note to remind you
- sent you a claim form
- thanks for taking on the assignment
- this is to confirm our agreement
- this letter is just a reminder
- thought I would mention that
- time is running out
- understood that I would fax an order form to
- want to remind you that our meeting will be held at
- when it never came
- which you would return within a day or two
2. Explain the importance or urgency of the matter.
- I cannot receive reimbursement from my insurance company until I send in the completed form.
- The conference room, you will recall, had been booked by the engineering team, and we felt it would be better to change our venue than our meeting time.
- Coordinating leave, particularly during holiday periods, is challenging, but we will accommodate you wherever possible.
- Did I perhaps misunderstand? I have been unable to reach you on the phone, and am becoming concerned that time is running out if you want the units at the old price.
- We understand how easy it is to overlook something like this, but at the same time we depend on our pledges to pay for our programming. Your contribution makes a real difference.
- Your opinions are tremendously important to us, because we rely on them to make changes in our formulations and product lines.
- We are aware that many other important projects also demand your attention, but unfortunately this one won't wait. You were given this assignment because we know that you will be able to get it done on schedule.
- We thought you might appreciate this reminder to review the proposal. We believe it is a good one, and would like to do business with you.
- I realize that it can be difficult to process all invoices by their payment due dates, but we cannot maintain our favorable credit terms unless we receive payments on time.
- a great help to have you take on this assignment
- am becoming concerned that time is running out
- cannot maintain our reputation if time
- cannot receive reimbursement until
- depend on our pledges to pay for
- did I misunderstand
- do want to accommodate you whenever possible
- if you want the old price
- is company policy
- knew that you would be able to get it done on schedule
- must be submitted on time
- other important projects demand your attention
- please arrive on time and be ready to contribute your ideas
- realize it can be difficult
- really want to assist you in this matter
- rely on them
- this meeting is especially important
- this won't wait
- thought you might appreciate this reminder
- unable to reach you on the phone
- understand how easy it is to overlook something like this
- vital to the company's operations
- will rely on you
- will stop by in the next few days to assure
- your contribution makes a real difference
- your opinions are tremendously important to us
3. Request action.
- I am enclosing a duplicate form in case the original has been misplaced. Kindly complete and return it to me as soon as possible.
- We will see you in the library on Friday at 11 a.m.
- Thank you for your cooperation.
- Kindly remove the animal from the premises.
- I really want to assist you in this matter. Please send in your order or call me at 555-5555 at your earliest convenience.
- We have enclosed a postage-paid envelope for your convenience, and we hope you will continue to support us.
- Would you please write your comments on the duplicate form enclosed, and drop it in the mail? Thank you for your help.
- Thank you for your many contributions.
- Even if you do not choose our proposal, we would appreciate your comments. I have enclosed a prepaid envelope for your convenience.
- I have enclosed a copy of your statement for review. Please authorize payment as soon as possible.
- am enclosing a duplicate form
- arrive promptly
- authorize payment as soon as possible
- call me at your earliest convenience
- drop it in the mail
- for your many contributions
- have enclosed a copy of your statement for review
- have enclosed a prepaid envelope for your convenience
- hope you will continue to support us
- kindly complete and return it to me as soon as possible
- must be submitted on time
- place your order by
- please review this information
- please comply immediately
- send your order
- thank you for your cooperation
- thank you in advance for your help
- will see you then
- will pick you up at
- will you please write your comments on the duplicate form
- you can help us by
Still can't find the right words for your follow-Up letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the follow-Up letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective follow-Up letter.
- Print your follow-Up letter and send it!