Although this letter serves primarily to thank a customer for his or her business, it may also initiate a business relationship with a new customer or promote a new product. The letter should be brief and friendly. If you mention a product or sale, do so briefly.
1. Thank the customer for past business or offer a compliment or welcome to a prospective customer as applicable. Briefly describe the gift and the reason for sending it.
- At this holiday season, we want to thank you for being a faithful customer over the years. As a token of our appreciation, we are enclosing one of our exclusive Doe's snowflake ornaments.
- Welcome to Springfield! We are delighted you have chosen to join our community! The enclosed gift, a vinyl cover for your new telephone directory, provides you with the telephone numbers of the police station, the hospital, medical doctors, dentists, and other service-oriented groups in the Springfield community.
- I am so proud of our new Doe's line of fragrances that I am enclosing a sample of our newest fragrance for you to enjoy. I am sure you will agree that this kind of boldness could take a woman around the globe!
- We certainly appreciate customers like you. To let you know how grateful we are, we are sending you this glow-in-the-dark key chain. We hope when you use it, you will think of us at Doe's.
- Did you know Doe's makes the best pizza in town? We will even deliver one free! Simply call our order line at 555-5555 anytime Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and ask for your free mini-sample. We will bring it to your Springfield address within 30 minutes.
- a little gift for the holidays
- a sample of our new
- am so proud of our new line of
- appreciate customers like you
- are delighted that you
- are enclosing one of our
- are delighted to send you
- as our gift to you
- as a token of our appreciation
- at this holiday season
- for being such a loyal customer
- for being such a faithful customer
- for your enjoyment
- giving you the opportunity to
- hope you will enjoy this
- hope you will accept this
- to thank you for your business
- want to thank you for
- are so excited about our
2. Mention briefly any product or sale, if applicable. Close with a repeated thank you or another positive statement.
- Thank you again for your patronage and happy holidays!
- I hope you will drop by Doe's to see our fine store and become personally acquainted.
- We will offer our new line at an introductory sale price through the month of November.
- Best wishes in the coming year.
- Once you have sampled our pizza, we are sure you will agree--Doe's is the best it can be. Call soon!
- always a pleasure to serve you
- appreciate your business
- are forwarding a little gift to you
- are part of our family of customers
- are sure that you will enjoy
- best wishes for the coming
- have also enclosed our current catalog
- hope you'll drop by soon
- hope you'll find it exceeds your expectations
- hope you enjoyed the products you ordered
- just to say thank you for
- just a small way of saying thank you for
- small expression of our appreciation
- small token of our appreciation
- thank you for your interest in
- thank you for your confidence in us
- thank you once more for your patronage
- thank you for your recent orders
- thank you for your business
- will be going on sale from
Still can't find the right words for your goodwill letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the goodwill letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective goodwill letter.
- Print your goodwill letter and send it!