This letter can take the form of a general thank you for long-term patronage or of an expression of appreciation for prompt payment. These letters sometimes contain a customer incentive such as a higher credit limit. Such letters are usually brief and may be somewhat informal.
1. Express appreciation to the customer for his or her patronage or prompt payment.
- I just want to let you know how much we have appreciated your business over the years.
- Do you know how much we value your prompt payments on your account every month?
- Your support of Doe's Orthopedic Shoes is greatly appreciated! You are an important part of our business.
- This is just a note to let you know how much we appreciate your prompt payments.
- I want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you over the years.
- always a pleasure to serve you
- appreciate your prompt payments
- been designated a preferred customer
- business depends on customers like you
- enjoy working with you
- enjoyed seeing you again at
- express our appreciation for
- giving us the opportunity to serve you
- happy to inform you that
- has been greatly appreciated
- have been a loyal customer
- how much we value your
- how much we have appreciated your
- making our business what it is today
- thank you for your patronage
- thanks to customers like you
- want to let you know
- was good to see you at
- your business over the years
- your prompt payment of
2. Specifically state what you appreciate and why. If you are offering a customer incentive, mention it briefly.
- Your willingness to try us out when we were the "new kid on the block" and your steady orders helped us develop into a competitor in the field of floral wholesaling. We couldn't have done it without you!
- It is wonderful to have a customer we know we can rely on. As a token of our appreciation, we are raising your credit limit to $1500. We are sure you will find many great buys at our September lumber sale.
- We invite you, our preferred customer, to attend our annual Step into Comfort private sale on Thursday, February 12, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at our Main Street store. Since this is a private sale, you will need this letter to gain admission.
- I'm sure you, as a fellow business owner, know what a difference it makes to a company to receive prompt payment on bills.
- As your business has grown, you have continued to show your confidence in our ability to accommodate your expanding needs.
- always appreciate your feedback
- as a token of our appreciation
- attend our private sale on
- come in and pick up your
- couldn't have done it without you
- enduring and pleasant association
- grand opening of our new
- have helped us to
- hope you will accept this small gift
- keeping us in the black
- know that we can rely on you to
- let us know how you like the
- make all the difference to
- raising your credit limit to
- show our appreciation
- steady patronage over the years
- the confidence you have shown in
- this special coupon for
- would like to offer you
- your willingness to
3. Close with a positive statement about your continuing relationship.
- I look forward to many more years of a mutually profitable relationship. Thanks again!
- We have enjoyed your support in the past, and I am sure we will continue to do business together for many years to come.
- I hope to see you there and to continue serving you.
- Thank you once more for being such a great customer. It's a pleasure to do business with you!
- It's customers like you who make my job so enjoyable! I am sure we will have many more years of happy and productive association.
- always pleased to serve you
- continual striving for excellence
- continue to serve you
- continue to grow together
- dedicated to helping you
- for many years to come
- give you the best service possible
- happy and productive association
- have enjoyed your support
- hope to continue to
- improving our service further
- long and satisfying relationship
- look forward to
- mutually beneficial association
- respond to your requests and needs
- serving you is always a pleasure
- to suit your needs
- very important to us
- wish you all the best
- your satisfaction will continue to be
Still can't find the right words for your goodwill letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the goodwill letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective goodwill letter.
- Print your goodwill letter and send it!