You will usually get the information you request if you give sufficient details about your situation and what you want. Be certain that you are addressing your request to the proper agency or office.
1. Make a direct and concise request for the information you need.
- Please send all specifications, drawings, and other necessary bidding information for the new Springfield High School, contract No. 123456, announced yesterday in the Springfield Herald, July 5, 2002.
- I am interested in obtaining specific information about the state-sponsored business loan program described in the business section of Sunday's Springfield Herald.
- I am dissatisfied with the inefficiency of most central air designs, and I would like to design and build a better system. A friend recently told me that the Department of Energy has information on this topic, and I would like to obtain what is available.
- I was recently injured in an accident and now find myself in need of Government services. Please send information concerning my rights as a disabled person and the services I can obtain.
- I have heard that you recently sponsored a bill to eliminate the sales tax on food, but I can't find any information about it. Would you send me a copy of the proposed legislation?
- along with any special comments
- am interested in obtaining
- am interested in learning more about
- any information you have on
- as listed in the
- as described in
- believe that you have information about
- could you provide me with
- please forward the information to
- please send me
- please advise me how I may obtain
- the bidding specifications for
- the information I need to
- whatever information is available on
- which was described in
- would like to receive
- would appreciate your sending me
- would like to obtain
- would you send me a copy of
- would like to get
- your information packet about
2. Provide any necessary details about yourself and your situation that will help the agency send the proper information.
- Doe Construction, based in Springfield but locally licensed, has had extensive experience with public projects similar to the one advertised.
- Doe Construction is a minority-owned business.
- We have been unable to obtain conventional financing and hope that your program is available to us.
- I am concerned about the impact that this project will have on my neighborhood, and I am trying to gather all the information I can concerning the project.
- I am now confined to a wheelchair and cannot drive, but I am still trying to maintain my independence and find whatever work I can.
- am particularly interested in
- am building a new
- are embarking on a project to
- are deeply concerned about
- are expanding into new
- believe that funding is available to
- has a record of
- has carried out similar contracts for
- have tried in the past to
- have recently heard that your department
- have been unable to reach
- have learned that I may be entitled to
- in order to verify my eligibility for
- is qualified as a
- is minority-owned
- may be eligible to apply for
- might be of value in
- my company has wide experience in
- my firm is interested in
- project is in need of
- so far our inquiries have not
- want to take appropriate measures now to
- was told it would be to my advantage to
- wish to expand our
3. Express appreciation
- Thank you for your prompt attention to this request.
- We are looking forward to receiving the information.
- Thank you for your assistance.
- Please send this information as soon as possible.
- Thank you.
- I appreciate your attention to my request.
- am grateful for
- appreciate your kindness
- appreciate your help
- as soon as possible
- at your earliest convenience
- in this regard
- in this matter
- look forward to learning more
- look forward to receiving
- matter is fairly urgent
- thank you for
- thank you very much
- thanks for your help
- the service you provide
- valuable service you perform
- will greatly appreciate
- your prompt attention to
- your prompt response to
- your attention to my
- your kind assistance
Still can't find the right words for your government letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the government letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective government letter.
- Print your government letter and send it!