When it is impractical for an employer to write individual letters to each employee or associate, standardized greetings are appropriate. The tone should be warm, but consistent with the type of relationship. Overt selling should be avoided. Keep your letter brief and be careful to express greetings appropriate to your reader's beliefs.
1. Open with a personal greeting and acknowledge the occasion.
- At the end of every year I think about all the wonderful people who have made another great year of business possible.
- Merry Christmas from the offices of Doe International.
- John, your work this year has been exemplary. Along with my Happy Hanukkah wish, I want to give you a big thank you?
- To all our associates we wish a joyous holiday and a prosperous new year!
- Jane is wearing her flashing Rudolph earrings and that can only mean one thing: Christmas time! To all of you whose hard work helps make this company a success we wish the very best.
- The Doe Corporation wishes you a peaceful holiday season and a joyful new year.
- Without our customers we would all be "home for the holidays"--unemployed! Happy Holidays, and thank you for your continued patronage.
- Our best wishes for the warmest, happiest, holiday season yet!
- 'tis the season
- a joyous holiday season
- along with the winter comes
- appreciate your dedication to
- as we ring in the New Year
- as we celebrate this holiday season
- enjoy the winter holidays
- enjoy this Thanksgiving break
- filled with joy and happiness
- for all you have done this past year
- for making this year such a
- for your support
- Happy Holidays to all
- hard work has paid off
- have been reflecting upon
- Merry Christmas to all
- our best wishes for
- such a wonderful season
- thank you for
- the end of the year brings
- this special time of year
- want to take this opportunity to
- wish you all a
- wish you a Happy Hanukkah
- wish you a safe and enjoyable
- wish you the best
- wish you all the joy
2. Mention distribution of bonus checks, company gifts, or promotions your company is offering, if appropriate.
- In appreciation for your hard work this year, look for a little something extra in your pay envelope this week.
- Please come and enjoy our company open house during the week of the 20th through the 24th at our main store. There will be treats, light lunches, and door prizes, along with daily sales promotions.
- As part of our holiday wish for our best customers we are offering a great deal--50% off on all cash orders filled before the end of the year!
- As we introduce our '97 line of tents on the first of the year, we offer holiday close-out prices on remaining '96 stock.
- Don't forget to come by our offices and share in the holiday cheer, and stop in the showroom where everything is on sale.
- To show you I do have a heart, and to thank you for another year of hard work, the 24th (Christmas Eve) will be a paid holiday this year. Please enjoy! In addition, don't forget to see Jane in Accounting for your bonus checks and turkey vouchers.
- I hope the fruit basket adds extra joy and color into your holiday observance. My best wishes are included with the papaya and mangoes.
- Congratulations! You are this year's lucky recipient of the company fruitcake. See John in Shipping and Receiving for some help loading it into your car.
- a small token of our gratitude
- an extended vacation
- for your hard work and loyalty
- bonus in your paycheck
- bring you a little extra holiday cheer
- deserve a paid holiday
- feel free to
- +for all of your hard work
- for your loyal patronage
- for making us what we are
- happy to give you a holiday bonus
- in appreciation of your
- our gift to you
- please accept this small gift
- something extra to brighten up your
- thank you for
- to thank you for
- to show my gratitude at this special time of year
- to show our appreciation
- to help you celebrate
- would like to offer you
- would like to give you
3. Announce any plans for a company or group celebration, if appropriate. Be specific as to dates, times and places.
- This year's Doe Winter Celebration will take place in the Grand Lobby of the International building at 7:00 p.m. on the twentieth. The focus will be on "Renewal for Prosperity's Sake," and the dress will be semi-formal. There will be a buffet and drinks will be served. Each employee is encouraged to bring a guest.
- There will be a casual Christmas potluck at the home of Jane and John on the evening of the 23rd. A sign-up sheet is available, and don't forget to pick up a map at the reception desk.
- The Sales Department will be celebrating the holiday season and their best year ever in a gala affair at the Polyester Club on the evening of December 29. Festivities will begin around eight and Mr. Doe will be picking up the tab.
- The office doors close at noon on the 23rd. All are invited to bring a spouse or guest as we retire to the ballroom at Hotel Doe for an afternoon of holiday greetings and cheer. A wonderful sit-down dinner will be served at six o'clock.
- All those involved in November's Hayride with all the uninvited bugs are invited to my house for a consolation dinner on the 22nd. We'll tell stories about each other and laugh till we cry. Please RSVP by the 20th.
- The company picnic will be held indoors this year, in honor of the amazing weather. Join us on Thursday afternoon in the Arctic Atrium for light refreshments and maybe a foray outside for a quick snowball fight.
- banquet in honor of
- casual gathering after work
- invite you to attend
- will serve light refreshments
- a pot-luck dinner
- with dinner and entertainment provided by
- end the year with a bang
- festive mood of the holidays
- gather for drinks and refreshments
- in celebration of
- in order to reminisce
- are all invited to attend
- join us in welcoming the New Year
- management wishes to throw a party for
- feel free to bring a guest
- will be paid for by
- please bring a dish to share
- please RSVP to Jane at 555-5555
- ring in the New Year
- take this opportunity to
- the company dinner will be held at
- you and your family are invited to
4. Close with a reiteration of holiday wishes, and your hope for the coming year. If appropriate, encourage your client or employee to maintain the beneficial relationship you share.
- May all the joy of this season follow you into the New Year.
- Let's work together in the coming year for even greater success. Merry Christmas and Godspeed.
- This year has been exceptional due to the quality of our clientele. Thank you, and please accept our warmest wishes for a joyous and prosperous New Year!
- We are looking forward to another great year of your business. Happy Holidays from Doe Industries.
- I want to thank you again for your great work on the Doe job. If we can work together at that level next year, it will be a prosperous one indeed. Here's wishing you the very best of the season!
- Happy Holidays from the "big office." Don't hesitate to come in at any time and talk with me about any questions or concerns you may have. Enjoy your vacation!
- Enjoy the holidays, spend time relaxing with your family, go skiing or vacation someplace warm...then come back and work like heck, just as you have these past 12 months. Thank you, Merry Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year.
- a peaceful year for you and your family
- a delightful holiday season
- appreciate your patronage this past year
- are looking forward to
- are a key player in this company
- as we face the upcoming challenges
- best wishes for the New Year
- enjoy your vacation
- for your valuable business
- for your custom and support
- grateful for the progress we have made
- have more than earned your vacation
- hope we can maintain
- hope next year will be even better
- make next year the best
- relax and enjoy
- resolve to improve even further
- rewarding new year
- thank you again for
- to the best year ever
- we wish you a
- will work together to make next year
- wish you an enjoyable holiday
Still can't find the right words for your holiday letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the holiday letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective holiday letter.
- Print your holiday letter and send it!