This type of party is usually informal, and the invitations should follow suit. If the party is to follow a theme, the invitations should make this clear. The letter of invitation is very often a form letter and need not be personalized. All information the party goer will need should be included.
1. Announce the party. If there is a theme, include it.
- I'm giving a little party in honor of St. Valentine's Day. Please bring someone you love and wear something red.
- Doe's is hosting an informal Halloween gathering Friday night. Costumes are optional and dress is casual.
- The lowly groundhog doesn't get enough appreciation. One appearance a year and that's it! Well, Jane and I are having a Groundhog Gala in honor of the little guy on the evening of February 1, Groundhog's Eve. There is a catch--you have to cast your vote. If you want more winter, wear black; if you are hoping for an early spring, wear green!
- Proving once again that you don't have to be Irish to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day, John and I are having a party.
- Please come to our house for a potluck supper on St. Patrick's Day. No, food does not need to be green.
- Valentine's Day is the excuse, but our dear friends are the reason. We invite you to our party Saturday night. Please come over and be our Valentines.
- Doe Construction's annual Independence Day picnic will take place next Saturday at our usual spot along Barbecue Beach on Possum Lake. Festivities get underway at noon. There will be fireworks at dusk.
- a party in honor of
- a company party to celebrate
- all ghosts and goblins are welcome
- are having a red, white and blue party
- are having a little get-together
- bring your Valentine
- bring a small gift to exchange
- come join us in celebrating
- come decked out in your
- don't forget to wear
- even if you're not Irish
- express our "heartfelt" thanks
- for all the lovers out there
- get into the holiday spirit
- get into the "spirit" of Halloween
- glad rags are in order
- here's a chance to
- in honor of St. Patrick
- on St. Patrick's day
- rumor has it the Easter Bunny will be there
- seems a good excuse to have a party
- to celebrate Valentine's Day in style
- watch out for leprechauns
- will have a "white elephant" gift exchange
- will be a prize for the best costume
- you are invited to
2. Give date, time, location, and any other pertinent information. State if an RSVP is required. Let your guests know what type of refreshments, if any, to expect.
- The party will be at our house, 1600 Main Street, beginning at 6:30 pm on the 17th. There will be light refreshments and drinks. Please RSVP to Jane by the 14th.
- TIME: 12 Noon Saturday the 4th of July
PLACE: Our back yard
FARE: Barbecue, sandwiches, potato salad, fresh corn, and BYOB
PEOPLE: The more the merrier! Bring your family if you like--there's plenty for the kids to do
- We'll be meeting at the Bells of Dublin Pub in their excellent dining room around 8:00 p.m. on the 17th. The pub is located in the north end of Doe Plaza, downtown. Mr. Doe will be picking up the check for dinner, but drinks are your own responsibility.
- Since this is a pool party, don't forget your suits and towels. We will be getting underway at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday. You know the way!
- The Doe offices are located at 1600 Main Street in Springfield, and the party will take place in the main lobby at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday evening. There will be catered hors d'oeuvres and drinks. Please RSVP to Jane.
- We are getting together at John and Jane's home at 1600 Main Street on Valentine's Day Eve. Dinner will be served about 8:00 p.m. Of course, everyone is encouraged to bring a partner.
- While the kids are out trick-or-treating, we can stay at my house and do our scary-best to eat all the candy. Call if you need directions (555-5555). I'm going to be ready around seven. Remember to dress like your favorite political figure or just surprise us.
- are responsible for your own drinks
- be at our house by
- beginning at 7:00 p.m.
- bring your favorite
- bring a friend along
- bring a swimsuit and towel
- bring your favorite trick-or-treat to share
- call me if you have any questions
- come prepared to
- dinner will be potluck
- dinner is on me
- don't be surprised if the food is green
- don't forget to bring
- for directions to the party
- has prepared a map
- let us know how many people you plan to bring
- meet at lunchtime for
- please dress casually
- please bring a date
- RSVP to John
- this Saturday at the park
- will take place at
- will tell you how to get there
- your family is welcome