Keep the tone very positive. Reciprocate the kindness shown by this invitation.
1. Express your pleasure at being invited and accept the invitation.
- Thank you for inviting me to your graduation. I wouldn't miss it.
- My husband and I will be delighted to be part of the celebration.
- We are excited about attending your wedding.
- It is with gratitude that I accept your kind invitation to the centennial celebration.
- I am delighted to accept your invitation to the premier showing.
- I am pleased to accept your invitation to the reception.
- We were pleased to receive your invitation to the homecoming dinner and plan to attend.
- We are happy to accept your invitation to the christening of your new baby.
- My husband and I will be delighted to accept your invitation to the garden party.
- We are pleased and honored to be invited to your parents' fiftieth wedding anniversary and will be happy to be part of the celebration.
- I am flattered that you would invite me to your party. I'll definitely be there.
- Thanks for thinking of me at this special time. I would love to come to your wedding reception.
- accept with gratitude
- am flattered that
- am pleased to accept
- am honored to be
- are pleased and honored
- are excited about attending your
- are happy to accept
- at this special time
- delighted to accept
- for inviting us to
- for thinking of us
- happy to be part of
- such a special event
- thank you for
- that you would invite me to
- to be invited to
- were pleased to receive
- will be delighted to
- will be happy to
- would love to come
- your kind invitation to
- your invitation to
2. Confirm details regarding travel, time, place, and accommodations.
- We will arrive in Springfield Saturday evening for your graduation on Sunday.
- Our flight will arrive at 4:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Thank you for your willingness to pick us up Friday at 4:30 p.m.
- You are very kind to let us stay in your extra room Sunday night.
- Our party of four will need tickets to the evening performance.
- We will arrive late and go straight to our hotel at 1600 Main Street.
- Weather permitting, we will be driving our own car to Springfield.
- Our flight will depart at 4:05 and arrive at 7:30 Tuesday evening.
- Thank you for offering to meet me at the train station at 9:00 a.m.
- I will be driving to Springfield on Thursday and staying at the Doe Inn.
- Two of my children will accompany me on the plane.
- accept your kind offer to
- flight will arrive on
- flight number is
- intend to go straight to
- make our own reservations
- plan to stay at
- plan to drive myself
- plan to arrive on
- thank you for your willingness to
- thank you for offering to
- to meet me at the
- to offer us accommodation
- very kind of you to let us
- weather permitting, we intend to
- will come a day early
- will drive our own car to
- will be driving to
- will arrive late at night and
- will accompany me
- will arrive at
3. Express your expectations for the event.
- We look forward to being a part of the celebration.
- We are excited about seeing old friends at the reunion.
- It sounds as if it will be a delightful evening.
- Thank you for thinking of us. We look forward to meeting your family.
- I am looking forward to singing some of our old songs.
- We look forward to seeing you all again.
- We anticipate a great reunion.
- It is always good to be with you on these occasions.
- This should be a day to remember for a long time.
- We look forward to sharing this time with you.
- It sounds like it will be a very worthwhile get-together.
- always good to see you
- am counting the days
- anticipate a great
- anticipate a delightful
- appreciate your remembering us
- are always memorable events
- are looking forward to
- are excited about
- for thinking of me
- getting together with
- it sounds as if
- meeting your new
- seeing you again will be
- seeing old friends again
- share good times with you
- so much looking forward to
- sounds like great fun
- thank you for
- will be a delightful
- will be a day to remember
Still can't find the right words for your invitation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the invitation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective invitation letter.
- Print your invitation letter and send it!