Your written job offer eliminates misunderstandings and clarifies important details. Use this opportunity to make the applicant feel positive about employment with you. In discussing the offer, be careful not to imply more than you are sure you can deliver. Also, you may want to use this letter to ask your reader to provide proof of legal employment eligibility.
1. Extend the offer, indicating your pleasure in being able to do so.
- On behalf of Springfield College, I am pleased to offer you a position as an Assistant Professor of Botany, beginning fall semester 2002 at a 9-month salary of $34,000.
- I am happy to inform you that the Doe School can offer you the position of Instructor for the 2007-2008 school year.
- Doe Industries is pleased to approve your application for the position of Store Manager in our downtown location.
- Congratulations on being selected as our new Women's Basketball Coach. We hope you will join us at Doe College and that our salary offer of $45,000 meets your expectations.
- After an extensive search for the right person, we are very pleased to offer you the position of rehabilitation therapist at the Doe Clinic. Your salary will be $38,000 per annum.
- after an extensive search
- am happy to inform you
- am pleased to
- at an annual salary of
- being selected as our new
- congratulations on
- hope you will join us at
- hope you will find the terms acceptable
- hourly wage will be
- if you accept the position
- includes the following benefits
- monthly salary will be
- on behalf of
- pleased to approve your
- salary package includes
- salary will be
- to be paid weekly
- to offer you the position of
- to offer you a position as
- your application for employment
2. Describe opportunities that this employment will give the person and define any special conditions or limitations on his or her employment.
- Your employment here will give you an opportunity to associate with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- This position is one that will put you in touch with many community leaders, giving our company welcome exposure.
- Your enthusiasm and desire to excel more than make up for your lack of experience. We will be happy to train you.
- Along with your teaching responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to engage in independent research. We hope you will take that opportunity for professional growth.
- As sales increase, you will be eligible for bonuses and salary increases at a rate to be determined by the board each January.
- Twice a year each manager is evaluated on the basis of gross sales and employee satisfaction. These evaluations are the basis for future bonuses and salary increases.
- Each instructor is expected to maintain regular office hours and be available for committee meetings and other consultations throughout the week.
- As a condition of your employment, you will be required to sign and abide by a nondisclosure agreement.
- after much consideration
- along with your regular responsibilities
- although the selection was difficult
- although many of the applicants were
- as a condition of employment
- as you can imagine
- confident that we have
- decided in your favor
- decision was a difficult one
- difficult to choose from
- during the hiring process
- expect all employees to
- expected to engage in
- expected to maintain
- feel that you will
- had many applicants for
- have the personal qualities that
- hope you will take the opportunity to
- important to find the right
- is of paramount importance
- made all the difference
- many qualified applicants
- need to be available for
- on no account will employees
- opportunities for professional growth
- performance evaluations are the basis for
- performance will be evaluated on the basis of
- responsibilities will include
- selected from the field of
- the hiring committee selected
- the selection process
- this position is one that
- to sign and abide by
- were well qualified
- will be required to
- will put you in touch with
- will have the opportunity to
- will be eligible for
- will be responsible for
- will be expected to
- will give you an opportunity to
- your qualifications and experience
3. In conformance with the Immigration Control and Reform Act of 1986, ask your prospective employee to arrive prepared to submit proof of employment eligibility on the first day of work. If necessary, provide a list of acceptable documents as outlined on the U.S. Department of Justice's Immigration and Naturalization Service Form I-9.
- The federal government requires that we verify your employment eligibility before you can begin work. Please complete the accompanying Form I-9 and bring the appropriate documents with you on your first day of work.
- Accepting this offer indicates that you have the legal right to work in the United States and that you can provide the supporting documentation within three working days from your date of hire.
- You can prove employment eligibility by providing one document from list A or one document each from both lists B and C, as outlined on the enclosed I-9 form.
- On your first day of work, please arrive with the enclosed I-9 form filled out and proof of your employment eligibility.
- Due to federal laws governing employment, we must verify your eligibility for employment in the United States prior to beginning work. Hence, you will find the paperwork and instructions to help you provide us with this information enclosed in your employee information packet. We will appreciate your compliance.
- In order to meet the federal employment eligibility requirement, please supply us with the necessary documents that will prove both your identification and your employment eligibility. I have enclosed a list of acceptable documents for this purpose.
- Upon accepting this offer, you must provide us with proof of your eligibility for employment in the United States before beginning work. Please review the enclosed I-9 form and bring the appropriate identification on your first day.
- We make this offer contingent upon your eligibility to provide proof of your identity and legal right to work in the United States.
- a list of acceptable documents
- appreciate your compliance with
- are required to
- before you can start work
- bring the appropriate identification
- bring the appropriate documents
- complete the accompanying form
- must provide us with
- on your first day of work
- prior to your starting work
- proof of your eligibility to
- prove employment eligibility by
- provide supporting documentation
- submit proof of your
- the federal government requires
- this offer is contingent upon your
- to work in the United States
- verify your eligibility for employment
- your providing proof of
- your visa status
4. Explain other steps to be taken to secure employment.
- In order to receive full benefits you will have to sign up in our personnel office within thirty days of starting work.
- Please come to the department office Monday morning before classes resume so we can orient you and take you to the benefits office.
- I suggest that you arrive before August 25 to get settled in before our workshops begin.
- After you sign and return the copy of this letter, we will send you a contract. We look forward to years of productive work with you.
- You should report at 8:00 a.m. Friday, March 1 to Mr. Doe in Suite A of our headquarters located at 1600 Main Street. We are looking forward to meeting you then.
- As you know, we hope to open the new plant soon. I have arranged a meeting with your supervisor for May 29. Please come to my office by 8:30 a.m., and we will go together to his office.
- a contract
- as soon as you arrive
- at our headquarters, located at
- before our workshops begin
- contact the personnel office
- detailed information about
- have arranged a meeting with
- in order to receive
- let us know
- look forward to
- meet your supervisor for
- please come to my office by
- please come to the department office
- report to the
- should report at
- sign and return the copy of
- suggest that you arrive before
- to seeing you on
- to working with you
- will send you
- will need to sign up for
- will introduce you to
- within 30 days of starting work
Still can't find the right words for your job-offer letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the job-offer letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective job-offer letter.
- Print your job-offer letter and send it!