Love letters should be carefully planned and written. They are often read, re-read, and kept indefinitely. Love letters are very personal and sensitive, and can present a problem unless they are used on occasions such as Valentine's Day or an anniversary.
1. Accept complete responsibility for what you did; don't try to excuse your actions.
2. Assure your lover that the suffering you've caused has filled you with deep regret.
3. Ask for forgiveness and promise him/her you will never make this mistake again.
4. Point out how you've always been able to work through your problems in the past.
5. Say "I love you" and relive a few earlier memories of when you were happy together.
6. Start making new plans so your lover can have something positive to look forward to.
Still can't find the right words for your love letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the love letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective love letter.
- Print your love letter and send it!