Love letters should be carefully planned and written. They are often read, re-read, and kept indefinitely. Love letters are very personal and sensitive, and can present a problem unless they are used on occasions such as Valentine's Day or an anniversary.
1. Accept full responsibility for the offensive act, but don't go over it in detail.
2. Apologize for not thinking before you spoke and hurting your lover's feelings.
3. Remind your lover that what happened is unusual, so hopefully forgivable.
4. Express your love and explain how much this relationship means to you.
5. Describe some memory that helped you to really fall in love with your sweetheart.
6. Send flowers or another peace offering and suggest dinner at a familiar place.
Still can't find the right words for your love letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the love letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective love letter.
- Print your love letter and send it!