Love letters should be carefully planned and written. They are often read, re-read, and kept indefinitely. Love letters are very personal and sensitive, and can present a problem unless they are used on occasions such as Valentine's Day or an anniversary.
1. Point out you both know your relationship is in trouble; share the blame.
2. Point out that you've not been able to resolve your problems on your own.
3. Refer to your problems in general terms; don't list specific complaints.
4. Express your love and your belief that the relationship is worth saving.
5. Explain that you need to learn to communicate with each other better.
6. Ask your partner to think about seeing a guidance counselor with you.
Still can't find the right words for your love letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the love letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective love letter.
- Print your love letter and send it!