Love letters should be carefully planned and written. They are often read, re-read, and kept indefinitely. Love letters are very personal and sensitive, and can present a problem unless they are used on occasions such as Valentine's Day or an anniversary.
1. Point out that you and your partner are not communicating well anymore.
2. State clearly that you need to end the relationship for the time being.
3. Don't blame your partner or bring up details of specific disagreements.
4. Explain that the relationship is becoming a negative influence in your life.
5. Make it clear that you truly appreciate the love you've shared together.
6. Leave the door open for either reconciliation or a permanent break-up.
Still can't find the right words for your love letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the love letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective love letter.
- Print your love letter and send it!