Love letters should be carefully planned and written. They are often read, re-read, and kept indefinitely. Love letters are very personal and sensitive, and can present a problem unless they are used on occasions such as Valentine's Day or an anniversary.
1. Begin with a description of how happy your relationship was in the beginning.
2. List some of the signs that made you believe that your relationship had changed.
3. Tell your partner you still love him/her but need to know if there is someone else.
4. Explain that honesty is essential so you will know where the relationship stands.
5. Suggest that the two of you go to a marriage counselor to see if there's still hope.
6. Tell your partner that without total commitment you will end the relationship.
Still can't find the right words for your love letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the love letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective love letter.
- Print your love letter and send it!