Love letters should be carefully planned and written. They are often read, re-read, and kept indefinitely. Love letters are very personal and sensitive, and can present a problem unless they are used on occasions such as Valentine's Day or an anniversary.
1. Explain that the relationship has become a negative influence in your lives.
2. Point out that all your mutual efforts to save the relationship have failed.
3. Don't rehash details of specific problems; the time for negotiation is over.
4. Make it clear your decision is final and you will not be coming back again.
5. Assure your partner that ending the relationship is best for both of you.
6. Wish your partner good luck and happiness; end on a positive note.
Still can't find the right words for your love letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the love letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective love letter.
- Print your love letter and send it!