This letter is a positive statement of your opinion after you have studied the options.
1. State clearly, preferably in the first sentence, what your recommendation is about.
- Subject: Recommendation that we close our Springfield Branch
- After studying several competing models, I am pleased to recommend the purchase of the Q500 compressor.
- Our committee has voted unanimously to recommend the introduction of a second course of study.
- After careful study of the problems in our Springfield store, I recommend that we close it.
- I recommend that we accept John Doe's suggestion.
- I recommend that we approve this purchase so our delivery personnel will have safer vehicles.
- after careful study
- after a thorough review
- we are pleased to report that
- as we discussed previously
- can expect impressive results
- can best solve the problem by
- I can recommend that
- enthusiastically recommend that we
- have developed a strategy to
- have no hesitation in recommending
- have asked for this change
- have voted unanimously
- is clearly superior to
- justifies our canceling this
- on a restricted basis
- our goal of
- recommend the introduction of
- should follow through with
- take action immediately to
- the problems can be solved by
- the best way to curb the problem is
- this official recommendation will
- this will eliminate
- to meet the challenges of
- will advance us towards
- will meet our needs
- I would heartily recommend
2. State the resulting benefits as concisely as possible. The use of "bullets" to mark a list of benefits may be helpful.
- If we do this, the following benefits can be realized:
- production time will decrease by 10%
- morale will improve
- employees' writing skills will improve
- students will be able to finish their degrees in less time
- our product will have longer shelf-life
- insurance costs will stabilize
- we will be less vulnerable to litigation
- If we restructure the curriculum as the professional staff suggests, we can expect the following benefits:
- more students will be able to enroll
- experienced faculty will teach more lower-division courses
- a new minor emphasis will be available for language students
- the same person will schedule all courses
I believe these benefits outweigh any objections that could be raised.
- This compressor is quieter, more fuel efficient, has a longer maintenance interval, and is manufactured by American union workers.
- a greater emphasis on
- anticipate savings of
- be less vulnerable to
- benefits that can be realized
- can expect the following
- can achieve the following
- cut down on waste
- if we implement these
- improved morale throughout
- increased long-term profitability
- increased competitiveness
- keep on the cutting edge of
- maintain our reputation for
- outweigh any objections
- positive effects on
- provide incentives for
- see an improvement in
- significant benefits to
- the proposed restructuring
- will stabilize
- will be able to complete
3. Close by restating the recommendation and suggesting action to follow. Make it easy for your reader to let you know whether your recommendation is approved.
- In short, buying the Q500 compressor makes good business sense.
- I am sold on the Q500 compressor and trust its purchase will be approved.
- Since this new opportunity brings so many benefits to the company, I hope it will be approved.
- For these reasons I recommend that we incorporate the committee's suggestion.
- I recommend that we wait for next month's figures before announcing a decision. In the meantime we should notify the suppliers.
- If this recommendation meets with your approval, please initial at the bottom and return it.
- If the directors approve this recommendation, please let me know.
- I will call on Tuesday to see whether this recommendation has been accepted.
- I recommend we approve this purchase. It meets our financial criteria and advances us toward our goal.
- I therefore cast my vote for acceptance of the revision. It makes good sense.
- accept this revision
- I am pleased to recommend
- announce a decision
- I feel satisfied that
- for these reasons
- happy to answer your questions
- if this meets with your approval
- in the meantime we should
- incorporate the committee's recommendation
- is an excellent opportunity
- makes sense to act immediately
- makes good business sense
- may wish to delay implementation until
- recommend that we approve
- results of a pilot program
- should act as soon as possible
- so beneficial to the
- was a unanimous decision
- will gain final approval
- will present this to the board
- How to Request a Recommendation Letter
- How to Write a Recommendation Letter
- How to Write a Reference Letter
- How to Write a Reference Page
- How to Write a Referral Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Recommendation Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Reference Letter
- Recommendation Letter Tips
- Write Recommendation Letters for Success