Be direct and concise, but also be courteous. Avoid insulting statements and stick to the issue without commenting on the tenant's character.
1. Tell the tenant why you are giving the reprimand.
- Several of your neighbors have complained about your very loud parties.
- The apartment below you has informed us that for the last four nights they have heard what sounds like a dog in your apartment.
- John Doe has complained to me about your parking in his place. He says you have done this at least three times a week and that he has left several notes on your windshield, asking you to park in your own spot.
- I have noticed a large number of empty boxes and odds and ends piled up on your balcony. In addition to being an eyesore, these items present a safety hazard to those who walk on the sidewalk below.
- As you know, it is in violation of your rental agreement to play your stereo after 11:00 p.m. Because some of our tenants are early risers, we must enforce this policy with no exceptions.
- As you may recall, one of the conditions of your lease was that you help keep the grounds clean and the lawn trimmed. Your assignment has been to mow the lawn, but judging from the length of the grass in the front of the complex, you haven't been doing your part.
- according to your contract
- an animal in your apartment
- as you may recall
- as you agreed before moving in
- cannot make an exception to
- clean up after yourselves
- conditions of your lease
- do your share of snow clearance
- have failed to
- have taken exception to your
- have noticed that you have
- have received several complaints about
- in violation of your rental agreement
- is becoming an eyesore
- is spelled out in your contract
- is the third month in a row that you have
- keep the lawn mowed to a reasonable
- late-night noise levels
- other tenants are entitled to
- parking in the wrong place
- presents a safety hazard
- several of your neighbors have complained about
- using other tenants' parking places
- your guests have apparently
2. Inform the tenant of any action to be taken, or what he or she can do to rectify the situation.
- If you do indeed have a pet in your apartment, you must get rid of it immediately or move to another apartment. I will check on your cooperation within a week.
- Please observe the assigned parking spaces. If you want a different parking spot, please see me about the possibility of changing with another tenant.
- Please clean your balcony this week. If it is not cleaned by Saturday, our maintenance crew will clean it and deduct the cost from your security deposit.
- This is your final warning. If you do not refrain from playing your stereo after 11:00 p.m., we will issue you an eviction notice.
- If you cannot keep the lawn mowed, we can have a neighbor boy do it and add his fee to your monthly rent.
- afraid that we cannot tolerate
- come to an agreement about
- find a place that better suits your needs
- have no wish to lose you, but
- if this allegation is true
- if you are unable to
- if this is not done
- if you do not refrain from
- if you do not correct the situation
- in future kindly
- must request that you
- is your final warning
- make more suitable arrangements for
- make another arrangement
- may be able to trade with
- must clean up by
- need to correct the situation immediately
- need to dispose of it immediately
- or move to another apartment
- please observe the agreement about
- please contact me, so that we can
- will arrange to have it done
- will charge the costs to your
3. Express your expectation that the tenant will correct the situation.
- If the report is correct, I trust you will comply immediately.
- Call me immediately if you cannot resolve the problem quickly.
- I know these things are often oversights. I trust no more need be said.
- I do hope that this letter will ensure the end of this situation.
- I will appreciate your immediate attention to this matter.
- I trust we can solve this problem without further action.
- appreciate your cooperation in
- are sure that this is just a misunderstanding
- are confident that
- are sure that we can work this out
- ask for your cooperation
- comply as soon as possible
- have no doubt that you will
- hope that this will be the end of the matter
- if you have any questions
- is probably just an oversight
- need to take no further measures
- please call me if
- please make an effort to
- sort this out as quickly as possible
- that this will be the end of the matter
- trust that no more need be said
- trust that you will
- will greatly appreciate
- your immediate attention to
Still can't find the right words for your reprimand letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the reprimand letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective reprimand letter.
- Print your reprimand letter and send it!