When this letter becomes necessary, it is important that you express your concerns in concise, specific, and polite language. Explain what your expectations are and how the distributor is not meeting them. Avoid condescending comments or expressions that may be taken as personal insults.
1. Review the conditions and requirements for being a distributor.
- As our general agreement stipulates, you must maintain at least 350 units to be considered a distributor for our product.
- You may recall that authorized distributors are expected to ship a minimum of twenty units per week.
- In our phone conversation last week, you said you would find at least two new vendors for our product and try to find a more economical facility for storage of the compressor replacement parts.
- The Doe Company has established the following guidelines for their distributors:
1. Shipment of at least 20 units per week
2. Maintenance of at least 100 units
- Our licensing agreement stipulates that you will have a minimum of four local vendors for our line of products.
- a minimum of
- according to our distributor guidelines
- am sure that you realize
- are expected to ship
- are responsible for
- are required to maintain
- as our agreement stipulates
- developing your area
- distributors must maintain
- expected standard of performance
- have established the following guidelines
- in order to maintain profitability
- in our last conversation
- licensing agreement stipulates
- may recall that
- mutually beneficial relationship
- need to call your attention to
- our distributor standards mandate that
- sole distributorship status requires
- standards for maintaining distributor discount
- to receive our distributor discount
- to be considered a distributor
- would like to remind you of
2. Supply the details of the problem in question, and explain the consequences if the distributor does not resolve it.
- Our records show that you have maintained a stock of 175 units, instead of the required 250. If you are not able to comply with the standard of 250 units, your status will be reduced from a distributor to a vendor.
- For the first six months that you distributed our products you exceeded our expectations. Since then we have seen a 30% decrease in your shipments. What has happened? Please let us know what the problem is. We are eager to help, and we want you to succeed as a distributor.
- If you are not able to maintain this level of activity, you will no longer qualify to be a distributor. We would hate to lose you. Let us know how we can help.
- We suggest you get in touch with the stores I have listed below. They have been customers in the past and may be interested in becoming full-fledged vendors.
- We hope you can recruit more vendors in the near future so your shipments will still qualify you as a distributor. We will reevaluate your status in three months.
- after your initial success
- after your initial progress
- decline is a source of great concern
- failure to follow-up on
- has not been beneficial to
- have seen a significant decrease in
- have discussed your current volumes
- if you cannot maintain
- if you are unable to
- improve your level of activity
- loss of distributor discount
- maintain the standards of
- maintain this level of activity
- our records show that
- over the past few months
- please let us know
- regret to notify you that
- to comply with the standard
- want you to succeed in
- would be happy to help
- your status will have to be changed
3. Close with a positive statement of hope and confidence.
- We hope that you can find new customers in your area. Please feel free to call us if you need more sales materials. John Doe lives near you and can give you some tips.
- Please give me a call so we can discuss the situation in more detail.
- John will be happy to help you locate a newer storage facility that would be more suitable to your needs.
- Call me if any of these contacts work out for you.
- I am confident you will see an increase in sales if you stick to the basic five-step program we have outlined.
- We are eager to continue doing business with you. Please let us know what we can do to increase your customer base.
- am confident that you will
- continue doing business
- discuss the situation
- do all we can to help
- fell free to call us
- focus attention on
- have a proven program to
- increase your customer base
- let's set up a meeting
- loss of this equipment line to
- keep our arrangement intact
- maintain your distributor status
- maintain your discount structure
- mutually profitable situation
- plan our strategy to
- prevent this loss to your
- to be reinstated as a
- will be happy to help you to
- will be happy to work together with
- would you give me a call