Keep this letter concise and professional. Make your request specific and, as necessary, refer to any enclosed documents. The letter will usually follow up on a telephone call, which should have been made as soon as possible after the event or accident.
1. Explain that you are making a claim and describe the specific details of the claim. Include the policy number.
- The Doe Corporation is seeking reimbursement for the building they lost in a fire on April 22. Their policy number is 55555.
- Mrs. John Doe wishes to make a claim on her late husband's life insurance policy, number 55555.
- In response to your advice during our phone conversation of September 25, I am submitting a formal claim for my losses. My policy number is 55555.
- This letter is to confirm the agreement we made on the phone last week that my claim will be processed this month. You will recall that my claim concerns the wind damage to my roof. My policy number is 55555.
- I am making a claim on my home owner's policy, number 55555, for the damage my basement sustained when the main water line broke on November 15.
- a claim against policy number
- as his named beneficiary
- as you requested
- as we discussed on the phone
- covered under my policy
- during our telephone conversation of
- find it necessary to
- for my losses in the
- for the damage sustained by
- in response to your advice
- in accordance with the provisions of
- is seeking reimbursement for
- need to claim on my policy #
- our phone conversation of
- request that you settle this claim
- the written claim you requested
- the completed and signed claim form
- the policy number is
- to confirm the agreement
- to advise you of the death of
- while vacationing in
- wish to claim all benefits due
- wish to make a claim
2. State the estimated or official dollar amount you are claiming.
- According to your representative's assessment when we bought our policy, the estimated cost of the stolen jewelry is $1,300.00.
- On July 7, I had major surgery. The hospital and physician fees amount to $50,000.
- The exact monetary value of the loss is unclear at this time, so we request that you send an adjuster to assess the damage. Repairs made for similar damage to a neighbor's house cost approximately $2500.
- Since the motorist at fault was uninsured, I am making a $3,500 claim against my policy.
- I require a $1,700 settlement against policy number 55555 to cover the damages.
- I understand that I am entitled to a maximum of $500.00 for my loss.
- Initial repair estimates from two local builders range from $2,800 to $3,000. I understand that my policy has a $200 deductible.
- a partial listing of
- according to the assessment
- according to the disbursement provisions
- am requesting settlement of
- claim amounts to
- damage estimates are attached
- enclosed are the three estimates you requested
- for the stolen articles
- in the amount of
- initial estimates range from
- it is my understanding that
- less my deductible of
- maximum of $500.00 for my loss
- request full reimbursement of
- request compensation for
- request that you send an adjuster to
- since the motorist at fault was uninsured
- the "no fault" clause on our policy
- the exact value of the loss is still unclear
- the hospital and physician fees combined are
- the estimated cost of
- to cover the damages
- to assess the damage
- under the provisions of
- understand that I am entitled to
- when we bought our policy
- will cost approximately
- would like the settlement in one lump sum
- your representative stated that
3. Refer to any enclosed documents such as claim forms, repair estimates, police reports, medical records or receipts, or ask about additional documents needed to make your claim.
- Enclosed are the necessary claim forms.
- I have completed and enclosed the forms your office sent to me.
- Please let me know if I need to include additional information or complete another form.
- Please send me any other forms needed to complete my claim.
- If you need additional information, please contact me immediately.
- In addition to my personal statement and that of Ms. Doe, I am including both the police and eyewitness reports.
- I mailed the medical records last week, but still need medical claim form 3A.
- I am still gathering information to complete my claim, but have enclosed the claim form you sent me.
- am still gathering information
- am awaiting receipt of the forms
- am including both the police and witness reports
- are attached for your reference
- as soon as possible
- as soon as I receive the
- at the address above
- attached is the required Certificate of
- damage estimates are enclosed
- enclosed are the required forms
- have enclosed the
- how we should proceed from here
- if you need additional information
- in addition to my personal statement
- mailed the medical records last week
- please contact me
- please send me a copy of form
- still need a claim form
- the claim form you sent me
- the completed forms
- to complete my claim
4. Encourage a reply and thank the reader.
- Please begin evaluating the claim as soon as possible. Thank you.
- I will appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.
- I am sure you understand the urgent nature of our request. Thank you for your consideration.
- You can surely appreciate our desire to settle this matter soon. Thank you.
- Please begin processing this claim promptly. Thank you for your assistance.
- I look forward to your affirmative response. Thank you very much.
- Thank you for your help in resolving this matter quickly.
- I am anxious to get the work done as soon as possible after you have authorized it.
- am sure you understand the urgent nature of
- am eager to get the work done
- am eager to have this settled
- as soon as possible
- as soon as you have authorized
- as quickly as possible
- at the earliest possible date
- can appreciate our desire to
- for your assistance
- for your cooperation
- for your help in resolving this matter quickly
- have followed your recommendations
- if you need any more information
- if I can expedite the processing of this claim
- look forward to having this settled
- settle this matter very soon
- thank you for
- thank you
- thank you very much
- what effect, if any, this claim will have on
- will appreciate your prompt attention to
- would appreciate an immediate reevaluation of
- would like to have this sorted out
- How to Write a Request Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Request Letter
- Request Letters Made Easy: 15 Tips