Use clear, courteous language for this letter, so your reader will have no doubts about your request. Supply the appropriate documentation.
1. Give an explanation for requesting the refund or reimbursement.
- Your advertisement promised that if I am not satisfied after a thirty day trial period, you would refund the full amount. I am not satisfied.
- My plans to visit your city have unexpectedly changed.
- I purchased the texts you requested while I was in Springfield.
- Enclosed is the bottle of tooth polish that you guaranteed would whiten and brighten my teeth. As far as I could tell, your product accomplished no more than an ordinary tooth paste.
- after a trial period
- am obliged to cancel
- am unable to
- am not satisfied with
- as per our agreement
- as we agreed
- as your advertisement stated
- does not work
- failed to perform as promised
- fulfilled the requirements
- have enclosed the
- in accordance with
- no noticeable effect
- plans have changed
- promised complete satisfaction
- refund the full amount
- satisfaction was guaranteed
- under the circumstances
- was most dissatisfied
- your advertisement promised
2. Request the refund or reimbursement.
- I request a full refund of $15.95.
- Will you please refund my reservation fee?
- Please reimburse me for the two Doe text books. Together they cost $89.35.
- I request an expense reimbursement check in the amount of $1,294.00 for the period of March 1 to April 1.
- I would like an immediate refund of $49.99 for the Doe Tooth Polish I purchased one month ago.
- Please issue me a reimbursement of $600 for tuition and books.
- after deducting the
- believe I am entitled to
- give me a store credit for
- in the amount of
- in accordance with
- please reimburse me for
- please send me
- please issue a
- please credit my account with
- refund my reservation fee
- request a reimbursement check for
- request a partial refund
- request a full refund
- send me a check for
- the refund you offered
- understand that the
- which I purchased
- with your warranty
- with your policy on
- would appreciate receiving
3. If you have enclosed receipts or other documents for reimbursement, tell the reader about them.
- Enclosed are the receipts for my expenses.
- Attached is a completed expenditure form.
- As you requested, I have enclosed the unused portion of your product.
- I have included a copy of my official transcripts with this letter.
- Here are the photocopied receipts for my travel expenses for your records.
- I attached the receipts to my time card so that accounting could issue me just one check.
- am attaching the
- as you requested
- as stipulated in
- attached receipts to
- check the enclosures
- documentation in support of
- enclosed please find
- enclosed photocopies of
- have enclosed the
- have included copies of
- my supporting documentation
- please find enclosed
- receipts are enclosed
- receipts are attached
- should have received
- the required proofs of purchase
- the completed forms
- the unused portion
- the necessary receipts
- the prescribed paperwork
- the completed paperwork
- to support this request
4. Explain how or when you want to receive the refund or reimbursement and thank the reader.
- Please credit the $49.99 to my account. Thank you.
- I will appreciate your sending me a cashier's check for the full amount.
- Please add the reimbursement to my paycheck. I appreciate your help.
- I trust that you will fulfill your promise and send me a check for the full amount. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please make the check payable to John Doe and send it directly to my home.
- Please issue me a new statement which reflects this credit to my account. I sincerely appreciate your assistance.
- apply a credit to
- appreciate your assistance
- credit my account with
- for your cooperation
- for the full amount
- honor this request
- issue a new statement
- mail it to
- make the check payable to
- please credit my account
- send me a check
- send me confirmation of
- send it to me at
- thank you for
- thanks for your help
- to my account
- trust that you will
- will expect to receive
- would appreciate your
- How to Write a Request Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Request Letter
- Request Letters Made Easy: 15 Tips
Still can't find the right words for your request letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the request letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective request letter.
- Print your request letter and send it!