Keep your request brief and polite.
1. Ask the reader for the information you want. If applicable, tell the reader how you learned about the product or service or why you are interested in it.
- I plan to move to your area soon and need your help in finding a suitable home for my family. Will you send me some real estate information?
- I will appreciate it if you will provide our firm with a brochure that explains your products more fully.
- I am interested in your services and wonder if you would send me some information about exactly what you do and what sets you apart from your competitors.
- I have been shopping for new draperies and I would like you to send me a catalog and pricing list that features your mail order draperies.
- Our organization is currently updating its communication systems and I have been asked to find a facsimile machine that would accommodate our office's needs. To aid me in my search for the right machine, will you please mail us a brochure which highlights your top selling products?
- I read an article about your services in our local newspaper and I wonder if you could send me some additional information.
- a list of
- advance information on
- am interested in
- am planning to purchase
- are compiling information on
- catalog and pricing list
- could you let me have
- could you please provide
- could you help me find
- doing some comparison shopping
- enjoyed your program on
- further information on
- has suggested that you might
- have some questions about
- if you would provide
- if you could send it to us
- most recent schedule
- need your help in
- please send me
- recent research reports on
- some information about
- the latest data
- the most recent copy of
- would appreciate receiving
- would like to review information on
- your latest catalog
2. Inform the reader about how to contact you.
- Please send the information to our office address listed above.
- Will you send the information directly to my home? My address is:
- My home address is:
- Will you mail me the information quickly? I will call you if we do not receive a response within the next two weeks.
- I would like an extra copy for my supervisor. Would you mail me an extra copy of the information or give me permission to copy it?
- You can send the literature to my home. My address is:
- as soon as possible
- can fax it to me at
- for your convenience
- immediate attention to
- need to make a decision by
- need the information by
- our deadline is
- please send the
- please let me know by
- please notify me if
- please call me at
- receiving the information within
- self-addressed, stamped envelope
- send the information directly to me at
- the matter is rather urgent
- to the following address
- to me at the above address
- will be making a decision on
- would appreciate receiving
- would appreciate your sending it
3. Thank the reader and encourage a response.
- Thank you for your time. I look forward to your prompt reply.
- We appreciate you assistance.
- Thank you for your help.
- We will appreciate any help you can give us.
- I hope to hear from you soon.
- I will expect the information to arrive within the next few weeks.
- any information you can give me
- appreciate the service you provide
- appreciate your trouble
- appreciate your assistance
- are certain that
- are grateful for
- are eagerly awaiting
- exploring our options
- finding out more about
- learning more about
- look forward to
- receiving the information
- thank you for
- thank you
- will be pleased to
- will be delighted to receive
- will be a great asset to
- will be of great value to
- your help in this regard
- your prompt attention to
- How to Write a Request Letter
- How to Write the Perfect Request Letter
- Request Letters Made Easy: 15 Tips
Still can't find the right words for your request letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the request letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective request letter.
- Print your request letter and send it!