Whether the request is approved or denied, it is probably appropriate to praise the employee's desire for self-improvement. An approval letter can be very short, but a denial or delay in making a decision both warrant explanation.
1. Acknowledge receiving the request, and, if it has been approved, inform the reader.
- I am happy to approve your request that you be included in the training seminar to be held next month.
- Thank you for your application for advanced systems training.
- I am delighted to see that you are interested in additional training. This will yield significant benefits for your whole department.
- Your request for company assistance as you pursue your Master's Degree in electronic engineering technology has been approved.
- Thank you for your interest in the training course to be offered next month.
- We have received your request for our support so that you can attend classes at the community college.
- am pleased that
- am delighted that
- am happy to
- application has been approved
- are always pleased to
- as you pursue
- for company assistance
- for your interest in
- for our support
- for you to attend
- further educational opportunities
- have received your
- request has been approved
- thank you for
- that you be included in
- the training course
- this valuable training
- to approve your application
- to approve your request
- your educational goals
2. If the request has been denied, or the matter needs further discussion, explain this.
- I have sent your request to Mr. Doe, who approves all training requests. You will be notified of his decision by the end of the month.
- Unfortunately, our budget does not allow us to make this training available at present. We trust that our financial constraints will ease in the new year and look forward to helping you at that time.
- We have spent our training budget for this year. We invite you to reapply after February 2, when our new budget is available.
- I regret that numbers are limited, and all the places were taken by the time we received your application. We will reserve a place for you next time the course is given, which should be in three months' time.
- As you are aware, we pay all tuition costs when the course of study is directly related to work-place requirements. This is not true in your case, and while we commend your desire for personal enrichment, we cannot feel justified in covering these costs. We will, however, be happy to make the requested adjustments to your work hours.
- all training requests are
- am glad you are interested in
- are reviewed by
- as you are aware
- cannot feel justified in
- commend your desire to
- do not qualify for
- does not allow us to
- due to a lack of
- have sent your request to
- have spent our training budget
- have forwarded your application to
- helping you in the future
- invite you to reapply
- keep your name on file
- look forward to
- numbers are limited
- regret to inform you
- suggest that you
- unfortunately, in your case
- will let you know
- will get back to you
- will be notified by
3. If the request has been approved, state any conditions, limitations, or further arrangements to be made.
- We will use our standard arrangement of reimbursing you for the tuition costs of each course that you pass.
- We will cover the costs of all required textbooks.
- Our support extends to the coverage of tuition costs, but you will be responsible for providing your own textbooks.
- You may take up to ten hours off per week. Fifty percent of this will be vacation time and fifty percent special study leave.
- Jane Doe will cover for you while you are absent. Please make sure that she is conversant with your projects and files.
- Please submit your proposed course schedules for final approval. We can then adjust your working hours appropriately.
- You will be on unpaid leave for the duration of your absence, but we will maintain your health insurance and other benefits.
- Jane Doe will help you make the necessary arrangements.
- If you have any questions, please speak to Jane Doe in Personnel.
- arrange adequate coverage for
- arrange for time off by
- as soon as funds are available
- does not include the costs of
- if you have any questions
- make the necessary arrangements
- make adjustments to
- our standard arrangement
- please make sure that
- please submit your
- support will extend to
- up to a maximum of
- will be happy to
- will handle the paperwork
- will reimburse you for
- will cover the costs of
- will help you to
- will reserve a place for
- will be responsible for
- will cover for you
4. Close on a positive note.
- Best wishes for your studies.
- I am pleased to see you taking advantage of these opportunities.
- Your desire to stay current should serve you well.
- We are always pleased to help our employees seek further education and training.
- Best wishes for the future.
- I look forward to making these opportunities available to all our employees.
- Even though we cannot help you to the extent which you would like, be assured that we wish you every success.
- I look forward to the time when we can accede to your request.
- accede to your request
- am pleased to see
- approve your request
- are always pleased to
- best wishes for
- can use all the training we can get
- congratulate you on
- delighted to be able to
- education and training
- for the future
- for your studies
- help you in this matter
- help you take advantage of
- keeps us competitive
- look forward to
- making such opportunities available
- rapidly changing environment
- stand you in good stead
- the time when we can
- to help our employees
Still can't find the right words for your response letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the response letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective response letter.
- Print your response letter and send it!