Regardless of whether you have the information, you should respond to the request. Either answer the question in your own words, or refer to information you are enclosing in your letter. If you cannot supply the information, express your regret.
1. Express thanks for requesting information about your product or service.
- Thank you for your recent inquiry.
- We appreciate your interest in our product.
- We are glad that your company is considering purchasing a new system.
- Thank you for requesting more information on our financial counseling services.
- I was happy to receive your letter inquiring further into our services and hope that I can answer your questions satisfactorily.
- I appreciated the opportunity I had to speak with you on the phone earlier this morning and am happy to send you additional information about our marketing firm.
- Thank you for expressing interest in our organization.
- I was pleased to demonstrate this remarkable product for you last Wednesday and was even more pleased to receive your request for more information.
- We are delighted to supply you with the information you requested.
- I am pleased that you asked about my wedding photography services.
- always appreciate the opportunity to
- always happy to supply information about
- always pleased to answer questions about our
- appreciate your interest in
- appreciate your recent letter inquiring about
- appreciate the chance to
- appreciated your queries
- are delighted to supply you with
- are pleased to answer your questions about
- glad to answer your questions
- happy to send you the information you
- it's our pleasure to enclose the information you
- thank you for your interest in
- thank you for your inquiry about
- thank you for the interest you expressed in our
- thank you for asking about
- thank you for requesting information about
- was pleased to receive your request for
- was happy to receive your
- we are gratified by your interest in
- your continued interest in our
- your interest in our product is most gratifying
2. If you have the requested information, answer the prospect's specific question.
- The conference this year will be held in Springfield at the Doe Corporation headquarters and will begin on Monday, May 11, at 8:00 a.m. Enclosed is a daily schedule of lectures and presentations.
- Here is our brochure. It offers detailed information on how our product will help you overcome hair loss. If you do decide that our product is right for you, contact your doctor, and he or she will get you started.
- The Doe Corporation was founded in 1939, just as this country was pulling out of the Great Depression. Since that time we have helped hundreds of thousands of individuals and businesses regain their financial stability. Enclosed is a proposal on how we can help you succeed.
- Here is the information you requested.
- Yes, our factory in Springfield is located at 1600 Main Street. Ask for our sales representative, John Doe, and he will assist you in making your selections from our fall line of children's clothing.
- We offer three standard packages that include the types of services you need. Enclosed is a catalog that highlights the details.
- Our books for beginners are hard-backed and beautifully illustrated. Your child can choose from a wide variety of genres, including adventure, fiction, nonfiction, biographies, and more. Each book costs only $9.99 plus shipping and handling.
- Our entire carpet cleaning process takes only two hours for four rooms. Furthermore, all of our carpet solutions are nontoxic, so you need not worry about them harming your new baby.
- The deluxe wedding series includes the standard photographs of the wedding and the reception, as well as pictures of the bride and groom departing. Other pictures can be arranged separately for an additional charge.
- award-winning design
- enclosed is a brochure containing
- feature is unique to our
- for more detailed information see the enclosed
- have found this to be most useful
- in the brochure please note that
- in response to the needs of
- it's our pleasure to enclose the
- one feature you will especially appreciate is
- our research has confirmed that
- our standard package includes
- our nearest representative is
- package has been replaced with
- recent research has shown that
- safety is our first concern
- the most common application has been
- the location nearest your address is
- these are all nontoxic and biodegradable
- under separate cover
- we are also sending you our latest catalog with
- we offer several packages
- will find this to be exceptionally user friendly
3. If you lack the information, express your regrets. If you can, suggest an alternative source for the information.
- I regret to inform you that I do not know where next year's conference will be held. I do, however, know that it will take place during the first week of October.
- I am sorry that we do not carry the product that you are looking for. Perhaps the Doe Corporation carries it.
- No, we do not have a factory in Springfield. The factory nearest you is in Centerville. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- We regret that we cannot give you an accurate estimate on the cost of installing your carpets unless we have more detailed information. Please fill out the enclosed forms, and we will send your estimate within a week.
- I'm sorry I don't have the information you have requested at this time; however, I hope to have it compiled by the end of the week. I will call you when it is ready.
- sorry that I cannot
- awaiting test results
- believe that you can obtain something similar from
- cannot give an accurate estimate without
- decision should be made by
- do not yet know
- do not carry the product you described
- expect to receive it within
- has been discontinued
- has not as yet been decided
- has not yet been released
- have not yet received
- may wish to try
- nearest supplier is
- need more detailed information
- regret the unfortunate delay
- revising the user's manual
- still at the printer
- will send it as soon as possible
- will send you the information as soon as we can
4. Offer additional assistance.
- I hope that this information answers your questions.
- If you would like to take a closer look at these amazing books, call us at 555-5555. We will send a representative to your home to help you make your selections and give you a complimentary copy of the first volume of the series.
- If you need any more information, please call our offices at 555-5555.
- If the literature I sent is inadequate, don't hesitate to ask for more specific information. You can find our address on the company letterhead.
- If I can further assist you, please call my office at 555-5555. If I'm not in, leave a message with my secretary. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Let me know if I can offer more help.
- If you have a product in mind which does not appear in the catalog, give me a call and I will locate it for you.
- always be happy to hear from you
- are as near as your telephone
- be sure to let us know
- don't hesitate to call
- enclosed is a list of
- feel free to call
- further details from your local representative
- hope this information is satisfactory
- hope that this answers your
- if you need greater detail
- if what I sent is inadequate
- if you need further assistance
- if you need more information
- please let me know if
- will place your name on our mailing list
- will send you the detailed specs of our new
- will be sending you our newsletter
- will be happy to assist you further
- you are welcome to call us at
- you may be interested in reading
- your local representative is
Still can't find the right words for your reservation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the reservation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective reservation letter.
- Print your reservation letter and send it!