Since direct mail sales often depend on a single sales letter, you must get straight to the point. Give your information quickly and clearly, and give your conference or seminar's benefits in a way that the reader can find them at a glance. Always write the letter with the assumption that the reader will attend the event.
1. Briefly capture the reader's attention.
- Give us two days and we'll give you a lifetime.
- How long have you waited to continue your education in the liberal arts? Good news, the wait is over.
- How many more expensive misunderstandings due to employees' poor communication skills can you afford?
- Finally! Here is your opportunity to discover the secrets of the easiest to use, most powerful desktop publishing software ever.
- We are pleased to welcome you as one of Doe Association's newest members.
- Your accounting staff asked me to demonstrate how our revolutionary organizational techniques could help them work more efficiently. They were amazed at what we were able to accomplish in just one hour.
- You cannot afford to miss this year's conference featuring Dr. John Doe as our keynote speaker.
- be exposed to the latest
- can you afford not to
- constantly changing industry
- discover the secrets of
- do you have what it takes to
- find out what's new and challenging
- have you ever wondered how
- how long have you waited for
- how do you
- how would you like to
- if you're willing to do more than
- keep up with all the
- keep in touch with what's happening
- new research shows that
- not for the general public
- one of the most difficult challenges we
- reaching for financial security
- sometimes it's hard to
- there is an old saying
- you'll be amazed by
2. Tell the reader about the seminar or conference and briefly outline its focus or purpose. If you have enclosed reference material or brochures, urge the reader to read them.
- You are invited to get your creativity flowing at this year's annual conference on trouble-shooting and professional communication. I have enclosed a special brochure that highlights our conference speakers and workshop panel experts.
- We will reveal all of our best tips at next month's seminar. We guarantee that you will enjoy a fifty percent increase in your investment returns within two years if you apply our techniques correctly.
- After attending our seminar in June, your sales staff will learn to work as a team, reaching new levels of success and benefiting you directly with increased profits. Please set aside a few moments to read the enclosed literature on the seminar's focus and objectives.
- Too many people work for money, so our seminar on 4 January will help you make your money work for you.
- As Dr. Doe mentioned, he thought that you might benefit from our three-day conference designed to help participants cope with compulsive disorders. We urge you to pick up a brochure during your next visit to Dr. Doe's office so that you can decide if this program could make a difference in the quality of your life.
- are invited to
- be some of the first to
- can guarantee that, if you
- come to understand the
- exchange ideas with other
- keep abreast of new
- keynote speaker will be
- learn about exciting new developments
- learn the newest techniques and ideas in
- nationally recognized speaker
- pleased if you would join us
- providing a variety of
- see what we have to offer in the field of
- sign up for the workshops on
- this seminar has helped many
- to answer your questions
- will benefit all of your
- will be featuring
- will introduce new ideas and materials on
- will be bigger and better than ever
- will be on hand to
- won't want to miss
3. Give the details about the conference or seminar date(s), time(s), and location, as well as the provided accommodations, if any.
- We will hold the conference from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., June 6 until June 8, at the Doe Hotel in Springfield. If you wish to make reservations at the conference headquarters, please contact us with your decision before June 1.
- You can attend one of two seminars in your area. The first is scheduled for July 8, and the second is for August 1. Both seminars are from 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. and will be held at the Doe Corporation's main office.
- I hope I can count on you to attend the conference March 3-4 at the Doe Conference Center in Springfield. The price of your tickets will include sleeping accommodations at the luxurious Doe Inn.
- We look forward to meeting you face to face at the seminar in Springfield at the Doe Reception Hall on May 6.
- The conference will begin on October 8, and close on October 10, in Springfield, Kansas, at the Doe Conference Center. We will be happy to reserve your flight and help you find appropriate accommodations.
- conference price includes
- conveniently located near
- don't miss the preview of
- exciting one-day event
- have made a block reservation at
- have enclosed a floor plan map
- if you wish to make reservations at
- mark your calendar
- plan to attend the
- please join us at
- registration will begin at
- special discount at the following hotels
- we will start with a
- will take place in
- will be held on
- will kick off at
- within walking distance of
- have arranged a package deal with
- the enclosed program
- will need to sign up for
4. Ask for a prompt response.
- We look forward to receiving your prompt response and reserving your place at the seminar.
- I urge you to make this decision which could change your financial perception forever. Call us at 555-5555 or write to us at the above address to reserve your tickets.
- We eagerly wait to share this important information with you. Please call and make your reservation today.
- Because you are a new member, we want to give you ten percent off the conference price. Please do not hesitate to take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
- Please fill out and return the enclosed card for your reservation to attend either seminar.
- Deciding to attend the conference could be the most important decision you will make for your business success this year. Give us a call at 555-5555 to order your tickets.
- are confident that you
- as soon as possible
- eagerly await your response
- early registration discount
- for more information, call me at
- give us a call at
- let me know if you can make it
- limited to the first
- look forward to
- on a first-come, first-served basis
- please return the forms by
- reserve your place by
- return the enclosed
- seating is limited, so
- to your prompt response
- to seeing you there
- whether you will be able to attend
- will call to confirm your attendance
- will find it worthwhile
- will be happy to
- workshops are limited to
- your early response will be appreciated