Get straight to the point by immediately establishing the reader's need for your services. Give your information quickly and clearly, including a strong sales pitch that briefly outlines the benefits of your service. Urge the reader to read any enclosed literature that will help you make that sale.
1. Immediately draw your reader's attention by pointing out the reasons why he or she needs insurance coverage.
- Did you know that over 25 automobile accidents occur every day in the Springfield area alone? And did you know that one out of ten victims in those accidents must pay for their own misfortune? Would you rather pay for damages to your car and medical costs out of your own pocket, or would you rather have an insurance company pay those costs?
- Most of us do not like to discuss death, but it is a reality that we must come to terms with. Have you taken care of your family's needs if you should die? Who will pay your house payment and who will put your children through college?
- Have you reviewed your current debts in relation to your life insurance coverage? Is it possible that, even though you have a policy, you could leave your spouse in debt?
- In this day of increasing crime, can you afford not to insure your home and possessions against vandalism and theft?
- If you think you cannot afford a health insurance policy that includes major medical coverage, think again.
- If you were to experience a major financial setback, how would you keep up with your mounting bills?
- against theft and vandalism
- are all at risk of
- before the emergency happens
- can you afford not to
- college and living expenses
- did you know that
- do you have adequate coverage for
- does your policy include
- from time to time we need to review our
- how would you support your
- insure ourselves against
- life has a habit of
- need to come to terms with
- now is the time to think about
- our responsibilities toward
- out-of-pocket expenses
- take care of your
- what price is peace of mind
- what will your family do if
- when the unthinkable happens
- when last did you examine your
- when health problems arise
- would prefer not to discuss
2. Describe enclosed information about the type of insurance coverage you offer or persuade the reader to increase his or her insurance coverage.
- Doe Insurance is here to help take care of those unexpected misfortunes. Enclosed is a brochure to help you better understand our services.
- The Doe Corporation invites you to enroll in a new insurance plan to help guard you against this type of misfortune. In case of a financial emergency, we will consolidate your credit card debts and defer payment for six to twelve months while you get back on your feet. Enrollment is easy. Just sign the enclosed application and send it in with your next bill.
- Life may be a gamble, but you don't have to leave your family's future up to chance. Please let us help you update your policy.
- Doe Insurance offers all the coverage you need at a competitive price. Everyone needs insurance, but why pay more than you must?
- We don't want you to become one of the thousands who were caught unprepared. Please read the enclosed information on the types of policies we offer to homeowners like you.
- If you want affordable major medical insurance, Doe Insurance is here to serve you. Enclosed you will find a brochure that outlines our rates and policies. Please look over them carefully--they may save your life.
- a comprehensive insurance plan
- a plan tailor-made for you
- all the coverage you need
- can offer you several options
- don't be caught unprepared
- have created a new plan for
- in times of crisis
- include discounts for
- invite you to enroll in
- know that every person's situation is different
- our well-trained representatives
- our competitive pricing
- outlines our rates and policies
- shouldn't have to worry about
- the enclosed brochure explains
- through those unexpected misfortunes
- will be amazed at how
- will help you take care of
- will pay your minimum payment
- will be here for you
- will be happy to assist you
- without any obligation
3. Express interest in serving your prospective customer and encourage a response.
- We are here to serve you.
- Doe Insurance has been serving the people of Springfield for twenty years, and we are eager to add your name to our list of satisfied customers.
- To help us prepare a policy that is just right for you, please fill out the enclosed form and mail it back to us in the postage paid, self-addressed envelope provided. We will be happy to give you a free evaluation.
- I am always ready to serve your insurance needs.
- Please call me if I can assist you.
- If you have any questions that the brochure does not answer, do not hesitate to call me at 555-5555.
- We look forward to hearing from you soon.
- a few simple health questions
- a helping hand you can count on
- am always ready to
- are here to serve you
- are eager to assist you
- for more information, please
- have been serving the folks of Springfield for
- if you have any questions
- just fill out the form
- look forward to
- of satisfied clients
- the company that cares
- to hearing from you
- to serving you
- to add you to our growing number of
- to visit you in your home
- to assist you with any insurance-related
- to meet with you
- to give you a free evaluation
- will be under no obligation
- will be happy to
Still can't find the right words for your reservation letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the reservation letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective reservation letter.
- Print your reservation letter and send it!