This letter is a relatively painless way to improve relations with a customer. For example, suggesting a different type of credit account could ease the tension between you and a customer who is having a hard time making payments. The tone of this letter should be helpful and congenial. Keep the letter short and to the point, making sure the customer feels comfortable contacting you.
1. Explain the situation to the customer.
- Occasionally it takes time to determine the best credit plan for a customer. That may be the case with your account. As we're sure you know, your account balance frequently exceeds the limit stated in our agreement.
- Our records show that your account now has a past due balance of $2390.00.
- Many customers find that their circumstances change from the time they first open a charge account. Often they can no longer meet their obligations under the original agreement. In such cases we recommend a change of plan.
- It was several months ago, on February 16, that we last spoke. At that meeting we discussed mutual concerns over payments on your refrigerator purchase.
- Reference books for your employees' use can improve the quality of their work. Doe Bookstore sells many titles on a multitude of subjects, but our stockroom has run out of the title you ordered.
- As I am sure you now realize, patience and preparation pay off when dealing with the IRS. It was a relief to learn that you received only a small fine. However, you could have avoided a lot of frustration if you had used a better record-keeping system.
- account balance frequently exceeds the limit stated in our agreement
- arrive at the best credit plan
- as you are surely aware
- as I am sure you now realize
- at the time when we
- can no longer meet their obligations
- concerns over your recent purchase
- discussed some concerns you had
- financial advisors have studied your situation
- had simply kept better records
- many customers find that
- much of the frustration could be avoided
- negligible penalty was the only consequence
- occasionally it takes time and adjustment
- patience and preparation have their rewards
- recommend a change of plan
- records show that your account often exceeds
- several months since we last talked about
- situation has changed since we
- stockroom has run out of
- suited for each customer
- think that may be the case with your account
- think you should have a different account
- under the original agreement
- was a relief to find that
- your current balance is
2. Give your suggestion.
- Perhaps a type C plan with sixty-day revolving credit would be better suited to your needs. Enclosed is a brochure explaining this and other options. I suggest you consider a change.
- Since your balance has exceeded your credit limit for some time, we recommend that you consider a different plan.
- If you are still looking for a reference book for your employees, we can offer you our catalog, which lists all our current reference titles. It allows you to place orders directly over the phone rather than through the mail.
- In case you have not yet found another supplier, I suggest you take another look at the improvements we have made to our product this year. Before making a final decision, you should review the enclosed brochure to see how our improved product can meet your needs now better than ever.
- I suggest hiring a part-time bookkeeper to relieve you of some of the record-keeping burden. A competent bookkeeper would also prevent a similar occurrence next year. We could provide this service, if you would like.
- a different account plan would
- adds extra convenience
- be better suited to your needs
- can offer you our catalog
- contribute to the overall productivity of your company
- could provide this service
- enclosed is our most recent catalog
- enclosed is a brochure
- for some time now we have
- if you are still looking for
- improvements we have recently made will
- in case you have not found another supplier
- lift much of the record-keeping burden from you
- listing our different credit plans
- perhaps a sixty-day revolving credit plan
- place orders directly over the phone
- please look it over
- prevent a similar occurrence in the future
- rather than through the mail
- recommend that you consider
- since your balance has remained at
- suggest you take another look at
- suggest that before you make a final decision
- suggest you consider a change
- suggest you consider getting
- take time for another review
3. If you are dealing with a customer's financial problems, suggest the possibility that you may have made an error and invite the customer to correct it. Leave the customer feeling comfortable in contacting you.
- If your records disagree with ours, please let us know. We would appreciate your pointing out a possible error. If you feel it is necessary, we will be happy to reconsider your circumstance.
- If we have made an error in reaching our conclusion, we would appreciate hearing from you. We want to correct any mistakes on our part. If we don't hear from you soon, we will lower your credit limit.
- Of course our decision will not be final until we hear from you. Our customers' opinions are important to us, so please get in touch with us as soon as you can.
- If you prefer to discuss your situation in person, please call. We would be happy to meet with you at your convenience. Please let us hear from you soon.
- Serving you as a financial advisor is part of my job. If you feel it would help, make an appointment with me so we can discuss your situation. I will give you any help I can.
- We are sure you will be pleased with our recent improvements. Please look them over, and let me know what you think.
- are sure you will be pleased with the improvement
- at your convenience
- being at your service as
- change the credit limit on your account
- customers' opinions are important to us
- give you any help we can
- if you feel it would be helpful
- if your records do not agree with ours
- if we have made an error
- if we are in error
- if you feel it is necessary
- let me know what you think
- like to take them into consideration
- may correct any mistake on our part
- otherwise we will proceed to
- our decision will not be final until
- part of being credit personnel
- please let us know
- please look them over
- please let us hear from you soon
- please get in touch with us soon
- please call us if
- prefer to discuss the matter in person
- reaching a conclusion in your situation
- will be happy to reconsider your case
- would be happy to meet with you
- would appreciate hearing from you
- would appreciate your pointing it out to
Still can't find the right words for your suggestion letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the suggestion letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective suggestion letter.
- Print your suggestion letter and send it!