This letter need not be long, but it should show your appreciation for the reader's suggestion, as well as what you plan to do about it.
1. Show appreciation for the writer's suggestion, initiative, and interest in helping you.
- Thank you for taking the time to write down your ideas and share them with me.
- We appreciate your suggestion for changing our model HW-1944 dryer design.
- We always enjoy hearing from our customers, and your letter regarding sizing problems was no exception.
- John Doe and I were pleased to receive your memo last week about potential problems you see with our new advertising campaign. As always, we appreciate your candid opinion.
- We appreciate your initiative in writing to us about the problems in personnel.
- about potential problems you see
- always enjoy hearing from our customers
- appreciate your initiative
- appreciate your candid opinions
- appreciate your timely ideas
- appreciate your suggestion
- changing our model design
- don't hesitate to send them to us
- letter regarding sizing problems
- plan to introduce this fall
- thank you for your much needed suggestion
- thank you for getting involved in
- thank you for showing interest in
- thank you for caring about
- thank you for taking the time
- were pleased to receive your memo
- with the advertising campaign
- write down your ideas
- writing us about the problems in personnel
2. State what action you plan to take (or have taken) on the suggestion.
- I think your ideas have merit, and I plan to bring them up in the next board meeting. I will let you know of any decisions we make.
- Although I believe your suggestion should be put into practice, I have no authority to make that decision. Let me forward your idea to the responsible manager. She will be in touch with you shortly.
- I have given serious consideration to the concerns you raised in your memo. Today I passed it on to the vice president with my own notes. After he reviews it and gives me the go ahead, I will contact you about making the changes.
- We will certainly pass this suggestion on to our designers who are working on next year's model.
- We are considering using a size chart as you suggested.
- although I have no authority to make that decision
- any decisions we come to will
- as soon as she gives me the go ahead
- believe your suggestion is
- concerns you raised in your memo are
- contact you about making these changes
- have given serious consideration to
- help our customers choose
- let me forward your idea
- need to come up with some other way to
- passed it on to the responsible manager, who
- plan to bring them up when
- plan to discuss the idea in the next meeting
- realize that we will benefit greatly by
- should be put into practice as soon as
- think your ideas have merit
- will certainly consult with our designers
- will include it with future model
- will be in touch shortly
- will let you know when
- will thoroughly discuss
3. Summarize the benefits gained by using the suggestion. Restate your appreciation for a useful suggestion.
- We appreciate dedicated employees like you who call matters such as these to our attention. By making minor changes now, we are able to prevent major problems from occurring in the future.
- As we have looked over your suggestion, we believe it could save us almost 11% of our current running costs during the next year alone. We commend you for your initiative. You are indeed an asset to the company.
- Your analysis of the situation is exactly right. By implementing the changes you suggest, we should be able to count on almost seven extra hours of productive time each week.
- I will not soon forget your contributions to the company. You may have thought your suggestion inconsequential, but it is a wonderful idea, and you deserve the credit for it.
- We take letters from our customers as welcome evidence of their loyalty and interest. Thank you for taking the time to let us hear how we can better serve you.
- able to prevent major problems from occurring
- analysis of the situation is very perceptive
- appreciate dedicated employees like you, who
- are an asset to the company
- as we have looked over your suggestion
- believe that it could save us significant amounts
- by making the necessary minor changes now
- call such matters to our attention
- commend you for your initiative and farsightedness
- consider letters from our customers
- deserve a lot of credit for
- during the next year alone we anticipate
- extra hours of productive time each week
- it is a wonderful idea that can make a significant difference in
- let us hear how we can better serve you
- may have thought it inconsequential but
- our current running costs are
- thank you for taking the time
- welcome evidence of loyalty and interest
- will not soon forget what you have contributed to
Still can't find the right words for your suggestion letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the suggestion letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective suggestion letter.
- Print your suggestion letter and send it!