Asking employees and customers to give suggestions can produce good ideas, and if you respect and accept constructive ideas, you boost employee morale. An occasional letter may be a helpful reminder that the channels of communication are open.
1. State that you want suggestions.
- Do you have any suggestions for improving our overall productivity? How can we do things better, faster, or at a lower cost?
- In an effort to revive the company newsletter, we need your input. What kind of information have you found most useful? What would you like to see in the newsletter?
- We need your help once again.
- As you are well aware, we set some high performance goals for the coming year, and we need your suggestions for reaching them.
- I need your help. The new computer system seems to be complicated at first, and new employees lose a lot of time trying to figure it out. I am compiling a booklet to help them learn the system, and I need your suggestions on what to include.
- am compiling a booklet to help them learn
- are again seeking your help
- as you are well aware
- do you have any suggestions
- have made some high performance goals
- how can we do things better, faster, or at a lower cost
- ideas you discuss over coffee breaks
- improving our overall productivity
- in an effort to revive the company newsletter
- invite you to aid us in solving this problem
- need your suggestions on what to include
- need your suggestions for reaching our goals
- need your input
- need your help in
- new employees lose a lot of time
- new system seems to be complicated at first but
- our employees make the company what it is
- submit them as part of the company suggestion plan
- we need your help once again
- what would you like to see
- what kind of information have you found most useful
- would like you to respond to the enclosed questionnaire
2. Make the task sound easy and offer an incentive for making suggestions.
- I have heard you express wonderful ideas for improving the work environment. How about writing them down and submitting them to us? If we accept them, you could win cash awards.
- Just let us know what you have or have not liked in past newsletters. Your opinions and suggestions will help us make a newsletter that is helpful and enjoyable.
- Please share your good ideas with us. Simply letting us know how we can improve will help us serve you better.
- Since you all went through the frustrating experience of figuring out the system, you know exactly what would be most helpful for new users.
- You know what kinds of ideas we can use; just write them down. The first five suggestions to be implemented will earn tickets to the playoff games.
- For each constructive idea we accept, you will earn a cash award of ten dollars.
- For any idea that the committee accepts, you will receive an award based on the idea's value to the company.
- Take a few seconds to look around your department. Ask yourself whether there is a more economical way to perform or improve the overall quality of your work or a way to increase accuracy.
- You should direct your ideas to reducing costs, improving quality, or making needed changes in a procedure.
- Submitting your ideas is one of the best ways to show your interest, initiative, and creativity.
- all will benefit from and enjoy
- anything you believe will improve the company
- asking yourself if there is a less expensive way
- earn a cash reward
- first suggestions received will be awarded
- have heard wonderful ideas from you
- help us become better
- how about submitting your ideas
- idea that may help reduce costs and improve quality
- if we accept them, you could win cash awards
- if the committee approves any of your ideas
- improve the overall quality of your work
- just let me know what you have or have not liked
- just need to write them down
- know what kind of ideas we can use
- know you have great ideas
- know exactly what would be most helpful
- letting us know where we can improve
- one of the best ways to show your interest, creativity, and initiative
- please share your insight with us
- such suggestions will allow us to make
- take a few seconds to look around your department
- will receive an award based on the idea's value to the company
3. Tell readers how to submit their ideas and suggestions.
- A suggestion form is attached. Simply fill it out, explaining your suggestion and why you think Doe Corporation should adopt it. If you need more room, staple extra sheets to the form and give it to your manager. Additional forms are available at the front desk.
- Do you have five minutes to spare? That's all it will take to write your ideas on the attached form. Then mail it back to us. It's that easy.
- If you have an idea, write it on a piece of paper and slip it into the suggestion box by the personnel desk.
- Please respond to the enclosed questionnaire. It asks simple questions about your perceptions of time management in your area. Your suggestions will be anonymous, so do not sign the questionnaire. You can drop the questionnaire in the yellow box by the elevator.
- We ask that you telephone John Doe (555-5555) with any helpful ideas for cutting operation costs, especially any successful measures you have taken in your own departments.
- Jot down on the back of this memo the most important things you wish someone had told you about the system and return your comments to me this week.
- Would you take a couple of minutes to write down the most frequent and serious objections you have heard recently? Specifically consider employee-manager relations. Please respond by Monday, June 17.
- Please write each idea on a separate slip of paper and put them in the suggestion box.
- additional forms are available at the front desk
- all comments will be kept strictly confidential
- all it will take to fill out the attached form with your ideas
- any successful measures you have taken in your own department
- ask that you simply telephone
- do you have five minutes to spare
- feel free to be as direct as you can
- fill it out explaining your suggestion
- give the form to your manager
- if you have an idea
- if you need more room
- jot down the most important things
- need not sign the questionnaire
- place your ideas in the suggestions box
- please respond to the enclosed questionnaire
- please respond by
- return it to me sometime this week
- specifically consider the employee/manager relationships
- staple extra sheets to the form
- suggestions will be confidential
- what you wish someone had told you about the system
- why you think we should adopt it
- will find a suggestion form attached
- will forward it to us
- write it on a piece of paper and slip it into the suggestion box
- write down the most frequent and serious objections
- your perceptions of time management in your area
4. Reemphasize the benefits or rewards for providing suggestions.
- Remember, if we decide to implement your idea, you will win a cash award based on the idea's value to the company.
- A helpful, entertaining newsletter can be a reality if you let us know how we can improve.
- We want to make employment at Doe Corporation as pleasant as possible, but we need your input to do it.
- I will treat the first fifteen persons who respond with serious suggestions to a dinner after the next staff meeting.
- We believe that coming together to find the best solutions will make you all even more successful. Keep it up.
- as pleasant as possible
- believe that coming together
- find the best solutions
- helpful, entertaining newsletter can be a reality
- if we decide to implement your idea
- if you let us know how we can improve
- keep up the excellent work
- need your input to do it
- possible acceptance and a reward
- want to make employment at
- will benefit everyone in your department
- will aid us in moving toward our goals
- will make a positive difference
- will improve the work environment for all of us
- will treat the first fifteen who respond to
- will win a cash reward equal to
- will give your suggestions prompt acknowledgment and consideration
- will make you even more successful
5. Close with a note of anticipation and confidence.
- I look forward to your participation.
- The best ideas seem to come from those who deal directly with the customers. I want to get yours.
- We have learned that our employees have the best ideas. Let us hear yours!
- You have proved it time and time again: "Employees are the backbone of Doe Corporation." Your ideas keep us on the cutting edge.
- With our resources and your creativity, we can achieve our dreams.
- appreciate your willingness to
- best ideas come from those who
- can achieve our dreams
- can exceed our loftiest goals
- can meet your highest expectations
- can make Doe Corporation an even better place to work
- can reach our goals if you give us your input
- employees are the backbone of
- have learned that our employees have the best ideas
- have the experience that our trainees lack
- have proved it time and time again
- ideas keep us on the "cutting edg."
- ideas are a big part of that success
- if an idea strikes you
- know the caliber of our employees
- let us hear your ideas
- look forward to your participation
- need every suggestion we can get
- place great confidence in your ideas
- thank you for your ongoing concern
- want to get your ideas
- with our resources and your creativity
Still can't find the right words for your suggestion letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the suggestion letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective suggestion letter.
- Print your suggestion letter and send it!