Bear in mind that this letter may appear on a bulletin board for many to see. Your "thank you" should be all-inclusive so that each person involved will feel appreciated. A prompt expression of thanks will communicate your sincerity.
1. State what you are thanking the reader for.
- Thank you so much for the Friday evening coverage you gave our forthcoming festival.
- We were delighted to hear our firm mentioned in such a positive way on your newscast on November 21.
- I was pleasantly surprised to read your column about my students' community cleanup project.
- You have restored my faith in the news media! It was refreshing to read your common sense commentary on our community bond issue.
- Thank you for calling attention to our biology teacher's award in your column last Saturday.
- appreciate your mentioning our
- appreciate your informative article about
- coverage has benefited
- enjoyed reading about
- for calling attention to
- for the coverage of
- for including our
- have received many positive comments about
- how much we appreciated
- in such a positive way
- nice to know that
- our efforts are being noticed
- positive tone of your
- thank you for
- want you to know
- was a joy working with your
- was pleasantly surprised to read your
- was refreshing to read
- were initially wary about
- were pleased with your report
- your accurate and comprehensive report on
- your clever analysis of
- your responsible handling of
2. Comment briefly on the issue and mention the quality and/or value of the media exposure.
- We are excited about the prospect of this event becoming an annual affair. Your report will certainly help.
- We have worked hard to make our herbs and spices the finest available, and it is good to hear that others recognize their quality.
- This recognition means a great deal to all of us, especially to those who worked behind the scenes for so many hours.
- Your series of reports on student activities has been a significant factor in lifting morale and encouraging community service.
- These issues often get confused by all the political rhetoric, but your insightful explanation was a great help to scores of voters.
- The award means a great deal to teachers, and we are grateful that you are willing to give them public recognition.
- accomplished a great deal
- appreciate your insight
- explanation was insightful
- generated an influx of
- giving this public recognition to
- good to hear that others realize
- grateful that you were willing to
- has been a significant factor in
- has lifted morale among
- has been invaluable in
- has only benefited
- have worked so hard to
- helped to spread the word about
- joins me in confirming the value of
- such comprehensive coverage of
- the care and competence with which you
- this recognition means a great deal
- was of great help to
- will help the community to
- will now recognize the value of
- your report will certainly help us to
3. Close with an expression of good will.
- We hope we will be able to provide you with more newsworthy events.
- We sincerely appreciate your excellent coverage of this and other business topics.
- We feel that your journalistic work is in the best tradition. Thanks again.
- Our office appreciates your clear and accurate reporting.
- We continue to appreciate your concern for public education.
- applaud your journalistic skill
- appreciate your objectivity
- appreciate the fair and accurate reporting
- appreciate your excellent coverage of
- can only welcome future contact with
- continue to appreciate
- deserve a great deal of credit
- excellent coverage on this and other
- expedite our efforts to
- express my appreciation
- express our good wishes
- feel that your journalistic work is
- has been the impetus for
- hope we will be able to
- in the best tradition of
- keep up the good work
- know we can be comfortable with
- look forward to future dealings with
- media services like you
- provide you with more good news
- publicizing worthwhile events
- thank you for
- thank you so much for
- the concern you show for
- valuable service to the community
- will inform you of future developments