This brief letter is a follow-up to earlier discussions or correspondence. It should convey a tone of appreciation without any hint of condescension or feelings of superiority. Emphasize the reader's strengths, rather than the value of your advice.
1. Express your appreciation to the reader for following your advice or recommendation.
- I was glad to learn that you are implementing the procedures we talked about last week.
- Thank you for making the changes I recommended during my last visit.
- Thank you for taking the advice of our team of reviewers.
- I think you were very wise in following the directors' recommendation that you not pursue the Springfield proposal at this time.
- I am glad that you decided to speak with the president before taking any legal action.
- I was pleased to hear that my suggestions turned out so well for you.
- am very pleased to
- am glad you decided to
- are incorporating some of the suggestions
- following the recommendations
- for acting on the suggestions
- for making the recommended changes
- for incorporating the ideas we discussed
- for taking our comments seriously
- is good to know that
- making the changes I recommended
- thank you for
- that you are incorporating
- that you could use our recommendations
- think you were wise in following
- to go ahead with
- to see you implement
- to hear that you
- turned out so well
- was glad to find out
- was excited to hear
- was pleased to find out
2. Reinforce the benefits the reader will gain through this action.
- I am sure that you will experience the same boost in efficiency that we have experienced in other offices that followed these procedures.
- I am eager to hear how the rest of the team is responding to this new arrangement.
- Sometimes it's best to let the need for a change become evident, rather than pushing for it too early.
- I am confident that you will find him to be amenable to compromise, thereby avoiding the need for legal action.
- Now that the die is cast, you will start to reap the benefits of this merger.
- am confident that you will find
- can already see an improvement
- combined with your terrific
- eager to hear how the other staff members are
- having a positive impact on
- help us to overcome
- improved team attitude
- improves the quality of
- keep us on the cutting edge
- may have already noticed
- now that the die is cast
- now that everything has been decided
- others are responding to
- problems that have plagued
- recognizing a difference
- relatively few obstacles to
- will help us to
- will help us to avoid
- will make a significant difference to
- will experience similar results
- will start to reap the benefits
3. Close with a word of reassurance.
- It's good to work with you.
- I hope this works out as well for you as it did for us.
- You're doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
- I believe you will find satisfaction in this course of action.
- I look forward to your continued success.
- It is pleasure to work with someone who knows where she is going, but still recognizes the need for the input of others.
- I'm sure we'll all be pleased with the end results.
- a pleasure to work with
- always have my support
- am confident that you
- appreciate your willingness to
- believe you will find
- doing a great job
- enjoy working with you
- good to work with you
- have my vote of confidence
- know that you will be able to
- look forward to
- pledge my support
- to working with you again
- to your continuing success
- value your friendship
- will all be pleased with
- will work out well
- will do well in whatever
- with renewed enthusiasm
- worthy of the accolades
- your commitment to
Still can't find the right words for your thank-you letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the thank-you letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective thank-you letter.
- Print your thank-you letter and send it!