Whether you are writing a thank you note out of duty or from your personal desire to express thanks, use a sincere tone. Mention specific details and show that the speech or presentation did have an effect.
1. Thank and compliment the speaker(s) or presenter(s).
- On behalf of the members of the local Chamber of Commerce, I want to thank you for your insightful presentation yesterday.
- As chairperson for our County Fair entertainment committee, I want to thank your dance group for their delightful performance. They won the hearts of the entire audience.
- Many thanks for addressing our group on your unwed mothers' program. You are doing a wonderful service.
- The members of our book club would like to thank you for speaking to us last Thursday.
- Your lecture on new technologies for the 21st Century at our symposium last week was very interesting and informative; in fact, it was the highlight of the evening.
- Thanks for an excellent presentation. Your address to our company yesterday evening has everyone talking today.
- Thank you for the inspiring sermon that you delivered on Easter Sunday. Your message was exactly what I needed to hear.
- appreciate the time you took
- for being with us
- for sharing your
- for an outstanding presentation
- for participating so effectively
- for your thought-provoking
- for your delightful
- for helping us recognize
- for providing us with
- for accepting this assignment
- highlight of the
- hold you in such high regard
- how much we appreciated
- interesting and informative
- know how busy you are
- many thanks for
- on behalf of the
- thank you for
- volunteering your time to
- want you to know how much
- was exactly what I needed to hear
- was very kind of you to
- was a pleasure to listen to
- would like to extend my thanks
2. Express congratulations for an excellent performance, and point out some of the more memorable parts. If the performance was only mediocre, simply thank the person(s) for participating in the program.
- Your talk was particularly appropriate at this time when we are considering new initiatives for expanding growth. Many of us were especially interested in your analysis of water resources available to sustain growth.
- I believe the quality and variety of their dances have set new levels of expectation for future performers.
- Several in our group have expressed appreciation for the information you presented on adoptions and educational counseling. Most were unaware of the services that are available.
- We know how busy you are, so we are grateful that you would take the time to prepare and spend an evening with us.
- Our audience was intrigued by the new possibilities for global communication. We truly are becoming a global village.
- Several of our people are looking at ways that we might implement some of your suggestions. The consensus is that they would like you to return next year as a follow-up to this event. Let me know if that is a possibility for January.
- Often we are too close to our problems to view them with the clarity that someone else would. I recognize now that I must change the way I respond to my daughter's challenges.
- a very stimulating experience
- appreciated your participation
- audience was intrigued by
- consensus of opinion is
- everybody is talking about
- found ourselves identifying with
- has given rise to
- have a wonderful gift for
- held the children's attention
- identifying ways to apply
- informative and enlightening
- look forward to implementing
- made a lasting impression on
- most were unaware that
- several in our group have
- the time you took to
- touched on so many critical areas
- were particularly intrigued by
- were so pleased with
- were enthralled by your
- were especially interested in
- were previously unaware of
- your insights into
3. Close with a second compliment or expression of appreciation.
- Thanks again for helping to make our monthly meeting so rewarding.
- We hope you will be able to join us again next year.
- Thank you for helping us become more aware of the problems and the ways we can help solve them.
- We hope you will consent to speak to us again, perhaps next year.
- Many thanks from all of us.
- I am grateful for the time you spend in careful preparation to present us with meaningful weekly sermons.
- a most worthwhile experience
- able to join us again
- accept our invitation to
- carry on the tradition of
- for making our meeting so
- for so generously volunteering to
- hope you will be able to
- hope you will consent to
- innovative approach to
- it was a privilege to
- look forward to
- many thanks from all of us
- played a major role in
- so many people benefited from
- such a special occasion
- thank you for
- to bring us this important message
- to share your expertise
- was a superb presentation
- was the high point of
- wish to invite you to