This letter accompanies a document and explains what the document is and what you want the reader to do with it.
1. Identify the document and explain why you are sending it.
- Attached is a copy of the final Smith contract for your initials.
- In response to recent litigation, we have developed a new company policy concerning sexual harassment. The policy statement is attached to this letter.
- Enclosed in this package you will find the Employee Handbook, which discusses general company policies and benefits.
- We have made the changes you requested in the new training manual and have corrected the spelling and punctuation errors. It is now ready for final approval before going to the press.
- Attached for your information is a copy of the Smith contract that we recently negotiated.
- addressed the potential problems
- attached is a copy of
- attached policy regarding
- clarifies company policy regarding
- discusses policies concerning
- enclosed is a copy of
- enclosed with this letter
- final version of the contract
- for you to initial
- have reviewed the document
- have corrected the errors you noted
- in this package you will find
- made the necessary changes
- make suggestions for changes
- please review the attached
- ready for final approval
- recent alterations that need to be
- recently negotiated contract
- response to recent company policy
- reviewed for errors
- updated version of
- updates health benefits
2. Explain what you want the reader to do with the document.
- Please circulate this policy in the accounting department for everyone to read. After you have read it, sign after your name on the last page and pass it to the next person on the list.
- I need you to initial the contract in the box on the last page.
- I am sending this document for your information only. No action is required on your part.
- Please read the handbook and become familiar with company policies, especially the "no tolerance" policies, for which employees can be immediately terminated.
- Having made all the changes you requested in the previous draft, we are now ready for you to check the work and give it your final approval.
- after you have read it
- any necessary changes
- become familiar with these policies
- before we can continue
- check the second draft
- circulate this among the members of
- confidential information
- for your information only
- for everyone to read
- initial the contract where indicated
- made all the changes
- make suggestions on how
- need your final approval
- pass it to the next person on the list
- please initial the last page
- redline this copy and return
- to continue the process
- your final approval
3. Express your appreciation and establish a deadline, if relevant.
- Thanks for checking the document for me. If you can return it to me by the end of the week, I will appreciate it very much.
- After everyone has signed the policy, please carry it back to my office personally. I would like to have it by the end of the week.
- Thanks for taking care of this for me.
- I know this is inconvenient, but it really needs to be done as quickly as possible.
- Thanks for your helpful comments and suggestions.
- The legal department has made it clear that individuals violating the "no tolerance" rules will be terminated. Please, therefore, be sure that you read and understand the policy. If you have questions or concerns, contact my office or the legal department.
- appreciate your comments
- as quickly as possible
- carry it back personally
- contact me if there are any
- expedite the reading
- for taking care of this
- for checking the document
- if there are questions
- must get this right
- needs to be done
- please return it by
- put it in my mailbox
- return by Thursday
- thanks for your help
- the sooner you sign it
- would like to have it
- your helpful suggestions
Still can't find the right words for your transmittal letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the transmittal letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective transmittal letter.
- Print your transmittal letter and send it!