The major function of this letter is to assure that the advertising copy is routed properly.
1. Identify what you have sent and the purpose of the material.
- Enclosed is camera-ready copy for the July issue of the magazine
- I have attached a signed contract and the art for an advertisement to be run in the next issue of the magazine
- Will you please run the enclosed material in the May issue of the paper.
- Enclosed is the video tape of an advertisement to be run on Channel 5, according to the schedule worked out with John Doe.
- Enclosed is an audio tape of an advertisement to be aired on your radio station, according to the schedule you arranged for me.
- according to the prearranged schedule
- advertisement to be run
- as John Doe requested
- audio tape of an advertisement
- camera-ready material
- copy that you requested
- copy for the February issue
- documentary purposes only
- for promotion purposes
- here is a copy
- interview with some
- made for the purpose of
- please review the attached
- run in the next issue
- schedule you arranged for me
- submitted for your review
- to be aired on your radio station
- video tape to be considered
2. Discuss contract arrangements or other matters.
- A signed contract is also attached.
- A check is enclosed for $568.90, the full amount of the three-issue run of the advertisement.
- Please bill my account.
- I have also enclosed my signed copy of the contract prepared by your account executive, Jane Doe.
- This work is to be billed according to the specifications of my year-long contract.
- according to the specifications
- bill the company's account
- charge to account #
- complete amount for
- contract prepared by
- details of the contract
- discuss contract arrangements
- enclosed my signed copy of
- enclosed is a check
- extend the deadline
- full amount due
- payment specifications
- payment due by next week
- prearranged agreement
- renew the contract
- send the bill to
- signed copy of the contract
- year-long contract
3. Explain how the reader can get further information.
- If you have any questions or problems, please contact me or Jane Doe in the advertising department of Doe Corporation.
- I believe everything is in order, but if you see problems, please call.
- We are concerned about the fidelity of the colors, so we would like you to be aware of some potential problems in that regard.
- The advertising copy may be a little controversial, so please let me know if this is going to be a problem for you.
- My advertising director is available to answer any questions. Please contact Jane Doe at 555-5555.
- any problems or questions
- be aware of possible
- call me and we will
- contact me when
- difficulties in processing
- everything is in order
- firm up details
- handle the situation
- have some concerns regarding
- if you have any questions
- if you need to make changes
- in the event that
- my FAX number is
- need frequent communication for
- please let me know if
- questions or concerns
- should you have any problems
- suggest we stay in close contact
- telephone me any time
Still can't find the right words for your transmittal letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the transmittal letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective transmittal letter.
- Print your transmittal letter and send it!