A company with a relatively small number of shareholders may send this letter. It is important to give a new shareholder a sense of ownership. Use language that conveys that feeling. Help the reader feel that he or she belongs.
1. Express a warm welcome to the company.
- It is a pleasure to welcome you as a shareholder in the Doe Corporation. I am sure you will find our association rewarding.
- On behalf of the board of directors, I am pleased to welcome you as our newest member. We look forward to a productive future together.
- Welcome aboard! We are delighted that you have chosen to take this exciting opportunity, and look forward to a long and rewarding association.
- Thank you for joining us at Doe Associates. I am sending you a copy of our last quarterly report for your information. As a stockholder you will receive these regularly. Please feel free to contact us if you need further information.
- You have made a wise choice in joining Doe's! To help you become better acquainted with the company, its operations, and goals, I am sending you a copy of our last annual report. Please feel free to call me for any clarifications.
- Congratulations! You are now a part-owner of Doe Corporation, one of the most progressive manufacturing companies in the state.
- We are happy to have you join us. We take great pride in our company, and are always glad to see new investors.
- a productive future together
- always a pleasure to
- always glad to
- are very pleased to
- are sure you will be pleased with
- are delighted that
- as a voting shareholder
- as a new shareholder
- as a shareholder of
- delighted to have you as a shareholder
- happy to have you with us
- have made a wise choice in
- is a sound business decision
- of mutual benefit
- on behalf of
- participate in making decisions
- safeguard your investment
- sending you a copy of
- shareholders have benefited from
- sound and profitable management practices
- take great pride in
- thank you for joining us at
- this exciting opportunity
- to welcome a new investor
- to welcome you
- to invest in
- will do our best to
- you have chosen to
2. Provide general information about the company and more specific information concerning the stockholder's investment.
- Enclosed is a shareholder's packet with information concerning your rights and responsibilities as an owner, as well as the most recent quarterly and annual reports.
- We are firmly committed to providing you with clear and accurate data about the company, its products, and policies, so you can be an informed voter. We will also keep you closely informed about your financial investment in Doe Corp.
- As you may have learned, we will soon be opening markets in China. We see this as a major step toward doubling our growth.
- You are joining us at a very opportune time as we merge with Doe Print Shops. We feel this merger will help us gain a greater share of the market.
- You will have an opportunity at our next shareholders' meeting to become involved in the operation of the company. We will appreciate your insights.
- Since we have gained the support of so many new stockholders, we anticipate expanding our operation to Springfield. You will receive details of this plan in the mail next month.
- Doe is currently paying a quarterly dividend of $4.03 per share. Of course, we can send your dividend directly to you by check each quarter, but you might want to look into our Automatic Reinvestment Plan (ARP). This is an easy way to make your investment grow. A sign-up form with more detailed information is attached.
- We hope you will become actively involved in the management process and be an informed voter.
- a most opportune time to
- anticipate expanding our operation
- arrange to credit your
- automatically reinvest your
- can send you a check
- day-to-day operations
- enclosed is a shareholder's packet
- feel that this merger
- first concern is to
- give an accurate picture of
- have a firm commitment to
- have positioned ourselves
- have enjoyed steady
- help you maintain your
- if you prefer to
- is currently paying a quarterly dividend of
- it may interest you to know that
- keep you closely informed about
- make your investment grow
- might want to look into
- more detailed information
- purchase of additional stock
- so you can be an informed voter
- some additional information about
- to apply your dividends
- will help us to
3. Invite further communication.
- Of course, this brief introduction represents only the beginning of what we hope will be a long and productive association.
- We look forward to significant yearly expansion.
- Doe Corp is interested in shareholder ideas, suggestions, and comments. After all, it is your company.
- Please do not hesitate to call if you have questions about our products or services.
- We anticipate a very active year in both domestic and foreign markets.
- Please feel free to call me at 555-5555 for more detailed answers to your questions.
- You have made a sound investment and can look forward to significant growth in the future.
- My job is to make sure that you are a completely satisfied investor. Therefore, if you have any questions, comments, problems, or requests, please call me on my direct line, 555-5555.
- additional information about
- always happy to
- any comments or questions
- are always interested in
- are always available to
- can reach us by calling
- contact my office at
- do not hesitate to
- give me a call during business hours
- if you have any further questions
- look forward to
- maintaining contact with
- receive quarterly reports
- to answer your questions
- welcome your questions, comments, and suggestions
- when you have questions about
- will be quick to respond
4. Close with a positive expression about future association.
- The shareholders' newsletter, sent quarterly with the financial reports, will keep you informed about the company and matters of interest to shareholders, such as meetings, proxies, and economic projections.
- We look forward to a long and mutually profitable association with you.
- I am always available to respond to your needs and concerns.
- We look forward to growing together.
- The future is filled with promise for us all. We're glad you're with us.
- a long and mutually profitable association with
- a long and pleasant association
- always available to
- are glad you are
- every quarter you will receive
- meetings, proxies, and economic projections
- respond to your needs and concerns
- satisfactory in every way
- send you memos and documents
- sent quarterly with the financial reports
- stay abreast of
- the future is filled with
- trust that you will find
- will keep you informed about
- your association with