Write this letter to establish a friendly, cooperative relationship with a new business. Invite the reader to participate in an association, identify current issues of concern to business people in the area, or offer whatever specific assistance you are prepared to give. Take advantage of the sales opportunity, if appropriate.
1. Make a direct and enthusiastic welcoming statement.
- Welcome to our neighborhood! This is a wonderful place to do business.
- Welcome to Springfield! We hope you will find this neighborhood just as friendly as we have.
- Everyone in the neighborhood is excited about your arrival and eager to get acquainted, so let me be among the first to say hello.
- We are happy to have you here with us on Main Street. We take great pride in our town, and are always glad to see new businesses move in. It is a sign that the area is growing and business is good.
- We are delighted to have you in the area.
- We are pleased to welcome you to the area.
- Greetings, neighbor!
- Welcome to the building.
- a great place to do business
- a wonderful place to
- a fine company like yours
- always glad to see
- business is good
- delighted to have you as
- eager to get acquainted
- excited about your arrival
- glad to welcome
- happy to have you here with us on
- hope you will do well
- in this new enterprise
- is a wonderful place to
- know you will enjoy
- know you will do well here
- living and doing business here
- new businesses move in
- on behalf of
- our growing downtown area
- pleased to welcome you
- take great pride in
- the opening of your new
- this thriving community
- welcome you to
- will be a fine addition to
2. Introduce yourself and your business.
- I am the owner Doe's Used Cars, your business neighbor to the north.
- Doe Supply has been doing business in this area for 15 years, and we have grown with the neighborhood.
- I would like to introduce myself. I am John Doe, owner of Doe Construction.
- Let me introduce myself. My name is John Doe. I am the owner of Springfield Hardware, located just down the street.
- Our real estate offices, Doe Real Estate, are located on the floor just above you.
- am your new neighbor
- am the owner of
- am pleased to welcome
- are glad to welcome you
- are located at
- can find us at
- for the past few years
- have been doing business
- just down the street
- let me introduce
- my name is
- my business is
- our company has a
- should get acquainted
- take this opportunity to
- to introduce myself
- to give you some contacts
- want to let you know
- we specialize in
- will be neighbors
- will come over to
- would like to
- would be happy to
- would like to introduce myself
- your business neighbor
3. Invite the reader to participate in an association, identify current issues of concern to business people in the area, or offer whatever specific assistance you are prepared to give. If appropriate, take advantage of the sales opportunity.
- I would like to invite you to participate in the local businessmen's association. We sponsor a luncheon on the third Wednesday of each month, during which invited guests talk about issues and concerns of importance to us all.
- If I can help you in any way, please let me know.
- One of the reasons the business climate in the area is so good is that we work hard to keep it that way. We have been active in passing laws and ordinances to control crime, vandalism, and panhandling in the downtown area.
- Make Doe Office Supplies your first stop for all your supply needs. Our staff is ready to serve you, and we can deliver most orders to your door within an hour.
- I hope to see you at our neighborhood association meetings.
- be happy to discuss your needs
- can have a great economic impact on
- discuss issues and concerns
- have been active in
- hope you will consider joining
- hope to see you
- if I can help you in any way
- if you ever need
- in the downtown area
- in getting laws and ordinances passed
- invited guests talk about
- is a wonderful part of town
- is an excellent location
- issues currently facing merchants
- issues which may adversely affect
- look forward to working with you
- members of the business community
- need to take united action
- of great importance to the community
- offer our services
- once you're settled
- our neighborhood association meetings
- pays close attention to
- ready to serve you
- several issues which may
- to meet with us
- to control crime, vandalism, and panhandling
- to join our association
- to become active in
- welcoming you into our
- work hard to keep it that way
- would like to invite you to
4. Express anticipation of future cooperation and good relations among neighbors.
- Best of luck in your new location. If I can answer any questions about the area, please call.
- If I can help you get settled or introduce you to any of the other business people in the mall, please let me know.
- We look forward to working with you and hearing your ideas.
- Please do not hesitate to call or drop by for a visit.
- am sure you will do well here
- answer any questions
- arrange a convenient time to
- best of luck
- best wishes for success
- come by any time
- don't hesitate to call
- feel free to
- getting to know you
- good luck with your new venture
- if I can answer any questions about
- if I can be of any help
- if I can help you
- in your new location
- introduce you to
- let me know if
- look forward to
- over the next few years
- seeing you at our next meeting
- to this congenial group
- to help you get up to speed
- to meeting you
- will be happy to
- will give you a call
- will be in touch
Still can't find the right words for your welcome letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
- Find the welcome letter that fits your needs and copy it directly into Microsoft Word or your favorite word processor.
- Or let our 500 letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective welcome letter.
- Print your welcome letter and send it!