People respond positively when treated kindly. Employees work harder when they feel appreciated. Focus on words of admiration, gratitude or recognition that create happy feelings.
- Write your letter quickly
Write your appreciation letter within a few days of whatever happened to inspire your gratitude.
- Use stationery
Write your personal appreciation letter on a sheet of stationery.
- Use customized letterhead
for business correspondence.
- Address your appreciation letter to a specific person
If possible, not just to the company or to the organization in general.
- Specifically state what you appreciate
- Be sincere
Most people can sense when you are not being honest.
- Write clearly and concisely
This is no time to be longwinded or flowery.
- Be brief
- Avoid thanking the person beforehand
For example: "Thanking you in advance for your help in this matter." To do so is presumptuous and suggests you do not feel the need to write a follow-up letter.
- Close with warm regards or best wishes for continued success
Try our Letter-Template Software Risk Free for 30-Days When You Buy at WriteExpress.com
If You’re Not Satisfied Return it for a Full Refund
1 $19.99 value free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)
2 Free with purchase of our software for Windows (not Macintosh)