Example Letter #1
It's time to play "remember when" at our Doe High Class of '81 reunion next July, and the organizing committee is in high gear!
We'll get started with an informal reception at the Doe House Friday evening, July 14, from 7:00 to 11:00. On Saturday, those interested may sign up for an afternoon of golf or tennis before the dinner dance at the Doe Inn that evening at 7:00 p.m.
Please help us by filling out the enclosed questionnaire and returning it to Jane Doe at 1600 Main Street, Springfield, KS 12345, by February 1. We would like to display photographs and other memorabilia from our school days at the dinner dance, so please plan to bring your favorites.
If you would like to advertise your business in our reunion "yearbook," just send a business card or an ad design to Jane.
More information will follow in our next letter. Until then we will appreciate your help in locating addresses for the following classmates: John Doe, Eric Johnson, Suzanne Smith, and Ryan Moffat.
Example Letter #2
Need a reason to lose 20 pounds? Are you just dying to go shopping for a new dress? Can't wait to get out of town and visit memory lane? Then get out your checkbook, fill out the attached form, and join us at the 30-Year Reunion of The Class of '72!
The reunion begins with a reception and dance at The Springfield Country Club at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, August 25, 2018. On Saturday morning, if you are still standing, you can enter either a golf or tennis tournament. And it just gets better and better. But we need your registration first. Please complete the enclosed form and send it with a check for $50.00 to the attention of Jane Doe. If you have any embarrassing pictures of yourself or a classmate, don't hesitate to send them along. We will give them back to you at the end of the reunion.
As soon as we receive your registration, we will send you a packet containing further information, including where to stay, what to wear, how much weight to lose, etc. Come join the fun. It was a blast at 20 years. Think what it will be like at 30!!
Oh, and if you know where any of the following classmates are, please let us know so we can invite them too:
Example Letter #3
Can you believe it's been nearly twenty years since the pomp and circumstance of our graduation? Come join the class this summer; see how twenty years have changed everyone except you!
The festivities will get under way on Friday, July 20, with dinner and a reception/dance beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the Doe Hotel Grand Ballroom. For Saturday we will book passage on the Springfield Mountain Breakfast Train. A scenic train ride will take us to Doe reservoir for water-skiing, volleyball, and an afternoon barbecue. The train will return us to the depot at 6:00 p.m.
Please reserve your spot as early as possible by filling in the enclosed registration and questionnaire, and returning them with your $20 deposit to John Doe, reunion secretary.
We will send a confirmation packet upon receipt of your deposit. This will include an up-to-the-minute agenda of planned activities, information on lodging in the area, and a list of classmates we've been unable to locate. Please join the class of 1977--"Making Our Mark, 20 Years Later!"
Example Letter #4
Come and renew old friendships and share old memories as the Doe University Class of 1994 gets together for our 25th reunion. We will gather at the college on homecoming weekend, October 12 and 13. We have reserved a block of tickets so that we can attend the football game together. We'll meet at the stadium at 7:00 p.m. on Friday for the game between Doe and State U., which starts at 8:00 p.m. On Saturday, the 13th, there will be a family picnic at the park next to campus, beginning at noon. At 8:00 p.m. we will have dinner and dancing at the Doe Alumni House.
Please fill out the enclosed questionnaire and send a recent picture, even if you are unable to attend, so we can include information about you in the reunion yearbook. We are also sending a reservation form with a list of the activities and their cost. Please fill it out with complete information about how many will be attending, and send it by September 25th to:
1600 Main Street
Springfield, Kansas 12345
We will send confirmation of your reservations as soon as we receive them, as well as a more detailed schedule of events.
We feel sure that this will be our best reunion ever, but it won't be the same if you're not there! We hope you will be able to attend, and look forward to seeing you in October.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Begin with an interest-catching line that leads into the actual announcement of the reunion.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Overheard after our last class reunion: "It was amazing! Everyone had changed so much that they couldn't recognize me!" Well, let's give it another try in August when the Class of '81 meets again.
- Rumor has it that the Doe High Class of '81 will be feeling that homing instinct in August. Yes, it's reunion time again, and this one promises to break all records.
- We're still talking about it! Yes, our last class reunion was a blast, and the organizing committee is pulling out all the stops for our next get together this summer.
- It's time again to play "who's that?" at our class reunion.
- Do you enjoy reminiscing, dining, dancing, and guessing who's who? Have I got a deal for you! It's the class of '81 reunion this July.
- What do a professor, an accountant, a dancer, a barber and a mortician have in common? They were all in Mr. Johnson' English class at Doe High, and they will all be attending our class reunion this summer. Come see who they are.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- come enjoy a blast from the past
- come mingle with the class of
- come stir up those memories
- come guess who's who
- come reminisce with us
- everyone's going to be there
- give it another try in
- home in on our
- it wouldn't be the same without you
- it's time to remember again
- it's reunion time again
- last class reunion was a blast
- let's celebrate those school days
- our class reunion will be held on
- our next get together
- pulling out all the stops
- still talking about the last one
- this one promises to break all records
- time to play "who's that?" again
- who will you still recognize
- will be feeling that homing instinct
2 State the specific dates, times and places for the reunion.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- We'll get started with an informal reception at the Doe House Friday evening, July 14, from 7:00 to 11:00. On Saturday, those interested may sign up for an afternoon of golf or tennis before the dinner dance at the Doe Inn that evening at 7:00 p.m.
- Being sentimental, we've decided to meet for an evening of dining and dancing in the old high school gym the evening of July 15, beginning at 7:00 p.m. and ending who knows when!
- The date: July 15. The time: 7:00 p.m. The place: The Doe Center on the Doe College campus. Be there, or we'll talk about you!
- We hope to turn back the clock and recapture some of the magic of those high school days when we meet for a dinner dance at 7:00 p.m., August 14 in the high school gym.
- John Doe has offered his country place for our reunion. It is located one mile north of the old Doe Mill on Highway 89. We will gather at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 14, for an outdoor barbecue and country dancing. Horseback riding for the kids will also be available.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- an evening of dining and dancing
- arranged a special deal on accommodation
- be there or we'll talk about you
- before the dinner dance at
- beginning at
- decide to "get away from it all."
- ending who knows when
- get started with a
- have arranged special activities for the kids
- hope to turn back the clock
- in the high school gym
- lots of requests for outdoor activities
- mark your calendar right now
- recapture the magic of
- so keep the weekend of July 15 open
- start with an informal reception on
- that evening we'll hold the
- those interested can sign up for
- will meet for an evening of
- will be held on campus
- will have activities for the whole family
3 Ask for specific information needed, such as filling out questionnaires, sending photographs, or supplying addresses of "lost" classmates.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- Please help us by sending interesting photographs or other memorabilia from our high school years, to be displayed in the lobby and returned to you at the close of the evening.
- Below is a list of classmates we have not been able to locate. If you have an address for any of these or know who may have an address, please let us know ASAP. Thanks.
- Please take a few minutes to fill out the enclosed questionnaire and return it to Jane Doe at 1600 Main Street in Springfield, Kansas.
- We want you to be part of our 20th Yearbook. Please fill out the yearbook form in black ink and return it in the envelope enclosed for your convenience. If you would like to advertise your business (and take a tax write-off at the same time), just send me a business card or an ad design for inclusion in the yearbook.
- If you know the addresses of any of the following classmates, please let us know:
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- a high school memories display
- dig through your memorabilia
- fill out the form
- fill out the enclosed questionnaire
- if you know how to contact
- if you know the addresses of
- if you would like to
- if you have addresses for any of these
- looking for any memorabilia
- of any of the following
- our anniversary yearbook
- please take a few minutes to
- please let us know ASAP
- please let us know as soon as possible
- return the enclosed questionnaire to
- return it in the enclosed envelope
- returned at the close of the evening
- send interesting photographs
- send a recent photograph
- time to blow the dust off your
- to display in the lobby
- to advertise your business
- want to arrange a
- want you to be part of
- will return them to you
4 Explain how to make reservations and send payments.
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- Please return the reservation form with your check made out to Doe High Class of '86. Enclosed is a list of hotels and motels in Springfield. We suggest you make reservations early.
- The cost of the dinner dance will be $20.00 per person. If you also want a current copy of our class directory, add $5.00. We have enclosed a list of available accommodations.
- A reservation form is enclosed. Please complete it and return it with your payment to Jane Doe 1600 Main Street, Springfield, Kansas 12345.
- For your convenience, we have included a list of possible accommodations. Please make your housing reservations early, since there is another conference in town at the same time. Your payment for the dinner dance should be sent directly to Jane Doe.
- Please send all requests and payments to Jane Doe, our class treasurer.
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- as soon as possible
- can order a current copy of
- double check your information
- enclosed list of
- for further information contact
- for your convenience
- get your information into the directory
- have arranged a special group rate with
- how many plan to attend
- in time to
- included a list of
- make out your check to
- make your hotel reservations early
- make housing reservations early
- need to know
- number who will attend the
- of local hotels and motels
- of possible accommodations
- our class treasurer is
- please let us know
- please reply
- please return your reservation form with
- please return it with
- reservation form is enclosed
- should send payment to
- the class directory
- the cost will be
- with a check made out to
- with your check to
- with your payment to
5 Explain what correspondence will be forthcoming, and express anticipation for the event.
Sample Sentences for Step 5
- Before the reunion you will receive confirmation of your reservation. We look forward to seeing you!
- As soon as we receive your payment, we will confirm your reservation. We look forward to a great time! Drive safely.
- You will receive a confirmation letter containing the full program, including additional housing information. If you do not receive one, please let me know.
- We will send a more detailed agenda after confirming your reservation. We're excited to get together!
Sample Phrases for Step 5
- a great time
- about a month before
- after confirming your reservation
- as soon as we receive your payment
- as soon as we know
- before the reunion
- best reunion ever
- can't wait to see you all
- confirmation of your payment
- detailed program will follow
- excited to get together
- further details
- have an exciting weekend lined up
- if you have not received these by the
- look forward to
- renewing old friendships
- seeing you again
- send a more detailed agenda
- will receive confirmation of
- will send more information
- will send your tickets
- will confirm your reservation