To view sample refusal letters, click a topic
- Cancel or decline to schedule an appointment
- Decline a job offer, promotion, or transfer
- Decline a request for a claim or adjustment
- Decline a request for credit
- Decline a request for a donation
- Decline a request for employment
- Decline to accept a gift
- Decline to give advice
- Decline orders but offer an alternate or substitute item
- Decline orders or requests for information
- Decline an invitation to an event
- Decline an invitation to join an organization
- Decline an invitation to speak or perform
- Decline to write a letter of recommendation
- Deny an expected or hoped-for promotion or raise
- Reject a bid or proposal
- Reject or terminate a business relationship
- Reply negatively to a suggestion
- Turn down a customer's or employee's suggestion
- Write a refusal
Still can't find the right words for your refusal letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
Let our letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective refusal letter.