To view sample government letters, click a topic
- Advocate legislation
- Complain about laws, policies, or inefficiencies
- Congratulate a politician on an election or on the passage of legislation
- Express regret on the defeat of legislation or the loss of an election
- Oppose legislation
- Praise government officials or employees
- Report required information to a government agency
- Request government service or action
- Request information from a government agency
- Respond to a false accusation from a government agency
- Write a persuasive letter to a government official
Still can't find the right words for your government letter?
You will with our 500 letter-writing tutorials!
Let our letter-writing tutorials guide you step-by-step through the writing process, suggesting sample phrases and sentences for each writing step. In minutes, you can write an effective government letter.