Example Letter #1
I own business property in the area west of the railroad tracks in downtown Springfield, Kansas that was recently declared a blighted area. Please provide me with all information and forms required to apply for a property rehabilitation loan under the Urban Renewal Act. Thank you very much.
Example Letter #2
I want to lease land in the Doe National Forest to build a cabin. Would you please send me whatever information, forms, and applications I will need to secure such a lease. I am a US citizen, living in Kansas. I would like to begin construction next summer, so I would appreciate your prompt attention to my request. Thank you for your help.
Example Letter #3
While clearing property I own along the Springfield River, I uncovered what I believe is the remains of a pioneer homestead. Please send me any information pertinent to my rights and responsibilities regarding this discovery. I wish to bring this possible find to the attention of the State Historic Preservation Officer, and possibly get it listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. I thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Make a direct and concise request for the information you need.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Please send all specifications, drawings, and other necessary bidding information for the new Springfield High School, contract No. 123456, announced yesterday in the Springfield Herald, July 5, 2018.
- I am interested in obtaining specific information about the state-sponsored business loan program described in the business section of Sunday's Springfield Herald.
- I am dissatisfied with the inefficiency of most central air designs, and I would like to design and build a better system. A friend recently told me that the Department of Energy has information on this topic, and I would like to obtain what is available.
- I was recently injured in an accident and now find myself in need of Government services. Please send information concerning my rights as a disabled person and the services I can obtain.
- I have heard that you recently sponsored a bill to eliminate the sales tax on food, but I can't find any information about it. Would you send me a copy of the proposed legislation?
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- along with any special comments
- am interested in obtaining
- am interested in learning more about
- any information you have on
- as listed in the
- as described in
- believe that you have information about
- could you provide me with
- please forward the information to
- please send me
- please advise me how I may obtain
- the bidding specifications for
- the information I need to
- whatever information is available on
- which was described in
- would like to receive
- would appreciate your sending me
- would like to obtain
- would you send me a copy of
- would like to get
- your information packet about
2 Provide any necessary details about yourself and your situation that will help the agency send the proper information.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Doe Construction, based in Springfield but locally licensed, has had extensive experience with public projects similar to the one advertised.
- Doe Construction is a minority-owned business.
- We have been unable to obtain conventional financing and hope that your program is available to us.
- I am concerned about the impact that this project will have on my neighborhood, and I am trying to gather all the information I can concerning the project.
- I am now confined to a wheelchair and cannot drive, but I am still trying to maintain my independence and find whatever work I can.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- am particularly interested in
- am building a new
- are embarking on a project to
- are deeply concerned about
- are expanding into new
- believe that funding is available to
- has a record of
- has carried out similar contracts for
- have tried in the past to
- have recently heard that your department
- have been unable to reach
- have learned that I may be entitled to
- in order to verify my eligibility for
- is qualified as a
- is minority-owned
- may be eligible to apply for
- might be of value in
- my company has wide experience in
- my firm is interested in
- project is in need of
- so far our inquiries have not
- want to take appropriate measures now to
- was told it would be to my advantage to
- wish to expand our
3 Express appreciation
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- Thank you for your prompt attention to this request.
- We are looking forward to receiving the information.
- Thank you for your assistance.
- Please send this information as soon as possible.
- Thank you.
- I appreciate your attention to my request.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- am grateful for
- appreciate your kindness
- appreciate your help
- as soon as possible
- at your earliest convenience
- in this regard
- in this matter
- look forward to learning more
- look forward to receiving
- matter is fairly urgent
- thank you for
- thank you very much
- thanks for your help
- the service you provide
- valuable service you perform
- will greatly appreciate
- your prompt attention to
- your prompt response to
- your attention to my
- your kind assistance