Example Letter #1
We are pleased to announce that the winner of our fall sales contest is Jane Doe. Congratulations, Jane!
Jane was successful in securing 50 new clients in the month of November, which breaks the record held by John Doe since last January. Her achievement is particularly impressive since it happened in a month that is generally considered slow, showing once again that it can be done.
For her outstanding work she will receive a trip for two to Honolulu, Hawaii. We wish her and her husband bon voyage.
Our next contest begins in January. Get ready, the next winner may be you.
Example Letter #2
We have a winner. Jane Johnson is our "Employee of the Month." For the second time in five months, our customers have selected Jane as their favorite customer service representative. Jane has a reputation for courtesy and concern, qualities which reflect well on the Doe Corporation.
For her efforts, we are sending Jane and her spouse, John, on an all expenses paid vacation at the luxurious Saddleback Resort. Our heartfelt thanks to Jane for all she does at Doe.
Example Letter #3
Let's have a big round of applause for Jane Doe, who has once again won our Manager of the Year award.
Jane's insistence upon remaining a step ahead of the managerial trends marks her as an example to us all.
In addition to a handsome cash bonus to show our appreciation, Jane will fly first class on all her business travels next year.
Example Letter #4
We are pleased to announce that Jane Doe of Doe Elementary School is the winner of our essay contest, "What the Constitution Means to Me." The judges chose her entry out of 43 essays received from elementary students all over the city.
Jane, a fifth-grader, is the daughter of John and Mary Doe of Springfield. She will receive a $50 savings bond, and her essay will be published in the Springfield Herald Sunday, July 6. Congratulations, Jane!
We also want to congratulate all of the students who entered; we received many outstanding essays. Our only regret is that there can only be one winner. Every student who entered will receive a certificate of participation.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Announce the winner of the contest.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- Ms. Jane Doe is the winner of the Sky's the Limit sales contest.
- I am pleased to announce that John Doe is the winner of our monthly promotion contest.
- The winner of ourEmployee of the Month award is Jane Doe.
- We take pleasure in announcing that John Doe is the winner of this year's Best Suggestion award.
- We are happy to announce that Jane Doe has just won the Young Artists contest.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- after careful consideration
- are happy to announce that
- are thrilled to announce that
- category winner is
- has won our
- is the winner of
- it was a very close finish but the
- it is a pleasure for us to announce that
- our grand prizewinner is
- pleased to announce that
- really deserved this award
- sent in the winning entry
- take pleasure in announcing that
- the judges' unanimous choice was
- the prize goes to
- the judges have chosen
- the contest winner is
- the first prize goes to
- the winner is our own
- the lucky winner
- the winner of our
2 Explain what the winner did to win.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- By exceeding fiscal year sales of anyone in her department, Jane has set a new standard for us all.
- Jane not only topped the charts with $60,000 in sales, but she also composed an effective jingle that we plan to use on our TV spot.
- Robert produced the interface for our new phonetic program in less than two weeks--something of a record in itself.
- John's suggestion that we consolidate parts of our assembly procedure will reduce our response time by fifteen percent.
- The judges selected his drawing expressing the diversity of our staff as best in show.
- Jane's efforts resulted in opening 40 new accounts.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- by exceeding the sales of
- careful attention to detail
- certainly put her heart and soul into her entry
- completed the puzzle correctly
- composed an effective jingle
- efforts resulted in
- endearing photograph will be reproduced in our
- her thought-provoking essay on
- his poster illustrating the
- interpretation of the contest theme was
- made all the difference
- most ingenious solution to
- portfolio revealed a very talented young
- produced the interface for our
- raised the most money
- selected his drawing depicting
- sent in the first correct entry drawn
- set a new standard for us all
- sold the most
- suggestion that we
- to the problem we presented
- topped the charts with
- will reduce our response time by
- wrote a delightful description of
3 Explain what the winner will receive.
Sample Sentences for Step 3
- Jane will receive a $500.00 cash bonus and a weekend stay for two at Doe Beach.
- For his outstanding performance, John will receive an all-expense-paid trip for two to Hawaii.
- Jane will receive two airline tickets to any place in the world.
- Michael will receive a $100.00 gift certificate, and his work will be featured in the municipal art show in the fall.
- For her outstanding accomplishment, Jane will receive a cash bonus of $500.00.
Sample Phrases for Step 3
- a cash bonus of
- a scholarship worth
- a savings bond
- a cash prize of
- a dream vacation at
- a shopping trip anywhere in
- an all-expenses-paid trip to
- and her whole family will be able to
- be invited to
- for his excellent performance
- for her outstanding accomplishment
- have the opportunity to
- have his work displayed at
- his school will receive a
- prize will be a
- this significant accomplishment
- use her drawing in our
- weekend stay for two at
- will be published in
- will receive a
- will get to attend the
- work will be featured in
4 Congratulate the winner.
Sample Sentences for Step 4
- Our congratulations to Jane on a job well done.
- Please join me in congratulating John on his accomplishment.
- On behalf of Doe Associates, I extend sincere congratulations to Jane on this happy occasion.
- Our sincere congratulations to Robert on this accomplishment, and our thanks to him for his dedication.
- We congratulate Suzanne on this achievement. We feel this is but the beginning of many good things to come.
- Congratulations! We are pleased to have you with us!
Sample Phrases for Step 4
- a promising future
- all entries achieved a high standard
- combination of talent and dedication
- confidently expect a
- congratulate all our participants
- congratulations to
- extend sincere congratulations
- hope we will hear a great deal more from
- impressed by the quality of all the
- join me in congratulating
- many good things to come
- no losers in this contest
- on this happy occasion
- on a job well done
- on this achievement
- on behalf of
- our congratulations to
- outstanding entry
- the first of many achievements
- this significant accomplishment
- this excellent performance
- want to thank him for