Example Letter #1
When I contacted you last month for help in finding a new career opportunity, I had no idea that one would turn up so quickly! I want to thank you for your support and let you know that I have been offered the position of Sales Manager for Doe Industries.
As you may know, Doe Industries employs over 500 people locally. Of the businesses that offer paper products, Doe is by far the largest and most efficient.
One of the things I've learned in this transition is the importance of staying in touch with friends and business associates. Therefore, I wanted to give you my new address and telephone number, with the hope that I will have an opportunity to be of assistance to you and your company.
(Give your name, new address, and phone)
Again, I want to thank you for your help and encouragement. I look forward to staying in touch with you.
Example Letter #2
Good news! On September 1, we are moving our store to a bigger, brighter location at 1600 Main Street, where we will have twice the floor space to serve your every need.
The larger store will allow us to stock many items that customers once had to order through the catalog. Please stop by during our opening week to get acquainted and register to win two mountain bikes and dozens of other door prizes.
Example Letter #3
We have moved to a new location to serve you better. Our new address is:
1600 Main Street
Springfield, Kansas 12345
Our phone number remains the same. Though we are easy to find, the enclosed map may be helpful in locating us. We are proud of our new building and hope you will visit us during our Grand Opening on Friday, November 29, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We will have exciting door prizes and refreshments.
Example Letter #4
Doe Auto Rebuild is moving. Our new location is larger and more conveniently located so we can offer you better service! The new address is 1600 Main Street, just a mile south of Downtown Springfield. Our telephone and fax numbers are unchanged.
Bring your car by anytime next week for a free wash and polish in celebration of our Grand Opening!
Example Letter #5
We are happy to announce that the medical office of Dr. John Doe is moving to a larger suite in the Doe Office Building. Our new office will provide more examination rooms and a larger waiting room just for children. These changes will make it possible for Dr. Doe to serve you more efficiently.
Our street address will remain the same, but our new office will be on the third floor in Suite 301. Simply turn right when you get off the elevator. Our phone number will also remain the same, 555-5555. Dr. Doe would like to take this opportunity to express his deep appreciation for his patients and hopes the new office will allow him to serve them more effectively.
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Explain the change that is taking place, and give your new address.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- We are pleased to announce the completion of our new office building at 1600 Main Street in Springfield. We look forward to serving you at our new location. Our telephone number will remain the same: 555-5555.
- WE'VE MOVED! We have a new address and a new building to serve you even better.
New phone number:
New FAX number:
Please make the appropriate changes in your records. Thank you.
- Please note our new address and telephone number:
- We've moved to a new location to serve you better! We have more parking, a larger selection of merchandise, and the same great service you have come to expect. We're easy to find. Just take the Springfield exit off I-80. See the enclosed map. We're open till 10:00 p.m. on weekdays. Help us celebrate the opening on June 1!
- On November 15, I will be closing my office in the Professional Tower at 1600 Main Street, Suite 240, and moving to a larger suite on the main floor of the Tower, Suite 180. I look forward to serving you there.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a new address but the same commitment to quality and service
- announce the completion of our new
- are easy to find
- are taking advantage of the new industrial park
- as of March 3, my new address will be
- broke ground on our company's new office complex
- decided to have new offices built
- expect far fewer letters commenting on
- finally outgrew our old headquarters
- have more parking
- have moved to a new location to serve you better
- have a new address
- larger selection of merchandise
- look forward to serving you at our new location
- moving to a larger suite in
- new site will provide more room for
- new building to serve you even better
- played a big part in allowing us to expand
- please make the appropriate changes in your records
- please note our new address and telephone number
- please accept my personal invitation to visit our new
- pleased to announce the opening of our new facility located at
- same great service you have come to expect
- see the enclosed map
- telephone number will remain the same
- thanks to good customers such as you
- the largest new building contract awarded in
- will be closing my office at
2 Add any other relevant information that this change may involve.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- We hope you will visit us soon. Our fall sale begins on September 5, and promises to be our greatest ever.
- Come and help us celebrate our new opening. We will give away special prizes and refreshments will be served.
- We are looking forward to enjoying our new home and would love to have you visit us.
- We will automatically transfer your account to this new location. There should be no interruption in service.
- Guides will be present to show you our new facility and demonstrate our newest products. Refreshments will be served in the main foyer.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- a great opportunity for generous savings
- account will be transferred automatically to
- are looking forward to enjoying our new home
- at the heart of downtown
- business as usual
- can reach us by calling
- can better serve our customers
- come and help us celebrate our new opening
- fall sale begins on
- for more information please contact
- friendly staff
- guides will be present to show you our new facility
- hope you will visit us soon
- please be patient with us during
- please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns
- refreshments will be served in the main foyer
- serve people in the most remote
- so come see us at our new location
- special prizes and refreshments
- the office will continue to offer
- the phone number remains the same
- there should be no interruption in service
- toll-free number will be
- will not be interrupted
- would love to have you visit