Copy a Letter
Example Letter #1
RE: July research meeting
We will hold our monthly research meeting in the conference room at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, July 16.
John and Jane will report on the meeting with their French counterparts. Each of us should be prepared to give an update on our current projects. I think John and Jane's report will be of special interest to the additives division.
If you cannot make the meeting, be sure your assistant is prepared to give your report.
Example Letter #2
We will hold our monthly planning meeting at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 12, in the small conference room. Plan to discuss:
* staff requirements
* audit procedures
* budget revisions
* sales convention
Feel free to add to this agenda by notifying Mary at extension 5555 by noon the day of the meeting.
Example Letter #3
The monthly service meeting will be held on Thursday, November 14, at 7:00 p.m. in the main shop.
Subjects on the docket are the training of new service personnel, the reviewing of purchasing procedures, and the establishing of rules for compliance with workplace safety laws.
Example Letter #4
The monthly department meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 10 at 11:00 a.m. in conference room #2. Items on the agenda include a report on this fiscal quarter and information on the new vacation policy. If you have items from your area that you would like discussed, please contact my secretary, Jane Doe, at extension 9435 so she can add them to the agenda.
Example Letter #5
This is a reminder about the weekly editorial meeting to be held on Tuesday, April 2 at 10:00 a.m. We will meet in Jane Doe's office. The following items will be on the agenda:
* Style guide for French textbook
* Report from managing editor on recently accepted manuscripts
* Report from production editor on high school literature textbook
* Updating list of copy editors and independent readers/editors
* Blurbs and jacket designs for the two novels in the Doe historical fiction series
We anticipate the meeting will run into lunch time and sandwiches will be delivered at 12:00 noon. Let the main receptionist know before 5:00 p.m. what sandwich you would like to order.
This letter or memorandum informs participants of the date, time, and place of an expected meeting, and indicates what the agenda will be.
1 Identify the meeting, and communicate the essential information: day, date, time, and location.
2 Provide a list of items to be discussed (an agenda), either on the same page or attached. If the number of items does not deserve a list, mention them in the text.
- last month's audits
- alumni responses
- conference travel plans
- new equipment purchases
- job applicants
- spring retreat We will devote this meeting to conference planning and new equipment purchases. Please come prepared to discuss our recent job applicants. You may review their resumes in the personnel office. This will be an open meeting, so this is your opportunity to set the agenda. We will be going over the sales reports for the last quarter.