Announce a Change In Your Company's Name • Example Letters, Plus Guides and Samples
In addition to the general announcement that you will make, this letter provides a personal touch for special friends and clients. It is an opportunity to build good relationships and promote your business.
How to write this announcement letter:
- In a personal tone explain that you are changing the name. If appropriate, give the reason why.
Example Letter #1
A lot has changed in the world of electronics since John Doe established "Doe Radio and Television Service." Because we are now a leader in computers and cellular telephone service, we are changing our name to "Doe Electronic Technologies." We think John would be pleased.
As part of this event, we invite you to stop by any time during the next month to receive a special 20% discount on any compact discs, computer equipment, or cellular phones. It is always a pleasure to serve you.
Example Letter #2
The merger of Springfield Mortgage and Doe Mortgage in the first quarter of 2018 has given us more working assets, and has made the company one of the largest privately held mortgage companies in the nation, while keeping us small enough to meet your individual needs. Starting January, we will be known as Doe Mortgage. Our rates are among the lowest in the industry, as noted in the January paper. You can still reach us at the same location.
Please remember I am still available to help you and your friends with your financial needs. Feel free to call or stop by. You will find us eager to give the same professional service that you have come to expect from Doe Mortgage.
Example Letter #3
Because of our recent software acquisition, we are changing our name. On February 29, 2019, we will officially become Doe Software Design. We wanted you to hear it from us rather than from the news media. You can expect the same service and dedication to quality that you have come to expect from us over the years. Of course, now you also can expect terrific new additions to our product line.
Example Letter #4
With our emphasis now squarely on high-performance automotive applications, we have decided to change our name from Doe Motors to "Doe Auto Performance."
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 In a personal tone explain that you are changing the name. If appropriate, give the reason why.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- To avoid confusion with another company with a similar name, we have decided to change our name to Doe Construction. We have enjoyed our work with you and look forward to future cooperation.
- Before you hear the news in another way, we want to let you know that, effective June 1, we will have a new name, "Doe Hunting and Fishing," to better reflect our focus on meeting the needs of the outdoors enthusiast. We plan to have a special 25% off sale on that day.
- We have changed our name! After July 1, we will be known as "Doe International." We will be offering the same domestic services as before, plus helping you with your international travel needs. We are committed to being your full-service travel agency.
- With the help of associates like you, our company has grown to the point where our name no longer reflects the full line of products we market. Effective May 1, we will be known as"Doe Computers and Office Supplies.."
- Before you read about it in the newspaper, we want you to know how delighted we are that John Doe is joining our consulting staff. After July 1, we will be known as Johnson and Doe Associates. Although the company name is not significantly different, Mr. Doe's participation will strengthen our commitment to providing you with the best real estate services available.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- because of some confusion between
- changes in the direction that the company
- grown to the point where
- has been some confusion
- have decided to change our name to
- have changed our name
- not significantly different
- only the name has changed
- our name no longer reflects
- our new name will be
- reflects our commitment to
- represents our commitment to
- strengthens our commitment
- this change will take effect on
- to better reflect the recent merger with
- to avoid confusion with
- to better reflect our focus on
- want you to know
- want to let you know
- will have a new name
- will be known as