Example Letter #1
Life is always full of surprises! Twists, turns, new opportunities. Just over five years ago, I joined City Insurance. I thought I would be there for a long time. Then, out of the blue, I received a contract I couldn't refuse. Doe Insurance made me an offer to become their Regional Sales Manager. I couldn't turn down the opportunity.
Doe Insurance is a $1 billion company with 2000 employees nationwide. Their range of products is vast and their marketing is aggressive. Just my cup of tea! My official start date is (date).
One of the things that I've learned in this transition is the importance of staying in touch with friends and associates. Therefore, I wanted to give you my new address and telephone number, with the hope that we can stay in touch and I can introduce you and your company to the Doe Insurance line of products.
(Give new address, phone, etc.)
Again, I want to thank you for your years of friendship and support. I will be in touch.
Example Letter #2
I have some very exciting news. As you know, I have spent the last ten years in the automobile industry. Now, it's time for a change.
As of October 21, I will be working for Doe Financial.
Dreams really do come true!
Over the years, as I've worked with automobiles and customer financing, I've realized that working in the finance business is something I love. I love crunching the numbers and helping people get the loans they need. Now, I have the opportunity to do it full time.
I wanted you to know that if you have any need for financing, please don't hesitate to call me.
If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know. I will give you the attention and service you would expect from a friend!
Example Letter #3
I have some very exciting news.
As of August 1st, I've affiliated with Doe Properties, the area's most respected real estate company for the last 21 years.
Although I firmly decided before going to work for Doe Properties that I would never impose on friendships to further my career, I feel that you should know of my new position and that I can offer my services should you have a need. I would be happy to help you with an appraisal of your property and talk about its possibilities in the marketplace.
Because we are friends, I would give you personalized attention and would have your best interests in mind. Of course, our friendship is no reason why you should buy or sell real estate through me. On the other hand, it's no reason why you shouldn't.
Here are my new address and phone number:
(List address and phone number)
If you're in the neighborhood, please stop in and see my new office.
Example Letter #4
The Doe Arts Center
We are very pleased and proud to welcome the Moscow Opera to the Doe Arts Center this May. This engagement, made possible through the extraordinary generosity of patrons like you, marks the beginning of an unparalleled ten years of annual engagements of the Moscow Opera under the leadership of our good friend and artistic director, John Doe. With his vision, Mr. Doe has both revitalized the company with new productions, and renewed their reputation as one of the world's great artistic treasures.
At its home in the famed Doeinsky Theater in Moscow, Russia, the company has been an artistic dynasty for several generations, with its opera, ballet, and orchestra considered being among the world's finest.
We take great pleasure in bringing these exclusive appearances to your attention and are delighted to offer you the opportunity to purchase tickets in advance of the public sales date. We hope you share our excitement about these performances and will join us.
Thank you for your continued patronage.
Example Letter #5
We are pleased to announce the grand opening of Doe Computer and Television Service at 1600 Main Street in Springfield. John Doe and his son, Eric, bring to their business over 30 years of experience in the electronics industry. They are committed to expert service at sensible prices.
During the month of September, Doe Service will omit the diagnostic fees for any repair job, and will give a 10% discount on any computer, VCR, or television purchased before September 15. Even if you have no need for electronic equipment today, drop in for a free drink and to get acquainted. It's our way of celebrating our grand opening.
Example Letter #6
We have expanded! Come visit us in our newest location at 1600 Main in Springfield. Now our fine product line is conveniently available to our downtown customers. Our Grand Opening will be on Thursday, March 15, between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Among the door prizes are a big-screen television and a four-head VCR. Of course, we will be serving refreshments.
Example Letter #7
Announcing a very Grand Reopening! Doe Print Shop is opening a branch office in the historic Springfield Building, where John Doe, Sr. started the business over 75 years ago. Located in the heart of Springfield, at 1600 Main St., our new/old office will be better able to handle the custom printing needs of our downtown customers.
From November 1 to December 1, we will be having a Grand Opening sale with great discounts at all our locations, plus refreshments and prizes at the Springfield Building office. Please join our celebration!
Example Letter #8
My name is John Doe. I am the general manager of the new Doe Office Supply in Springfield, conveniently located at 1600 Main Street. Please accept my personal invitation to visit our new store and get a FREE pen and pencil set.
I am proud of our new store and the people who work here, and we are ready to fulfill your office supply needs. Our store hours are Monday-Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Write Your Letter Step-by-Step
1 Announce the opening of your business, and add a brief message about your service or product. If the business or office is an extension of a known business, explain that relationship.
Sample Sentences for Step 1
- I am pleased to announce that on June 15 John Doe will be opening a new tune-up service on 1600 Main Street. John has 15 years of experience and the technology to service the most sophisticated engines. Until July 31, he will offer a free state inspection with every tune-up.
- Doe and Co. is pleased to announce a branch office at 1600 Main Street. With the rapid growth in Springfield County, we are opening a third office to provide you with rapid, accurate title searches. Please bring all your real estate concerns to Doe's, the finest professionals in the business.
- As you know, I have wanted my own restaurant for a long time. Well, I have it, and I am featuring some of the same recipes that made Mama's so popular. I've renovated the old hardware store on the corner of Main and Springfield Avenue. I think you'll like the results. Come and enjoy a great meal!
- You are invited to see the newest addition to Doe Bay, a beautiful mountain lodge with 21 units catering to your summer vacation needs.
Sample Phrases for Step 1
- a wholly owned subsidiary
- announcing the opening of
- are proud to introduce
- as part of our decentralization
- delighted to invite you to
- have renovated the old
- introduce a new subsidiary to
- invited to the opening of
- is pleased to announce
- more convenient locations
- new, more convenient office
- newest addition to
- now you can obtain all your
- opening in your neighborhood
- the creation of a new
- the opening of a branch office
- this will provide
- will open a new
2 Invite the reader to be your customer. Provide enough information so he or she can easily take advantage of your offer. Consider offering a sale or holding an open house.
Sample Sentences for Step 2
- Come in and enjoy free coffee and donuts. We are located on the corner of Main and Springfield Avenue.
- Drop by with a friend, and your favorite hors-d'oeuvres will be on the house.
- Our direct sales store located in the Development Center at 1600 Main Street will open July 15. You are invited to a special open house that evening. We will award prizes, including three color televisions, to lucky customers.
- Come help us celebrate 20 years of service with a new store at the corner of Highway 89 and Canyon Drive. This location will help us maintain the low overhead that helps us beat the prices of our competitors in the city.
- We look forward to serving you at our new location on the west side of the Doe tower. You'll find ample parking and a spacious new building.
- On July 24, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., bring a friend and browse through our new facility. If you would like immediate reservations call 555-5555.
Sample Phrases for Step 2
- a preview sale
- ample parking will make
- come and browse
- come help us celebrate
- come in and enjoy
- extended hours for your convenience
- for reservations call
- holding an open house on
- is pleased to offer
- know that you will be pleased with
- larger story will carry a new line of
- look forward to serving you
- now offers 24-hour service
- participate in our drawing for
- special half-price offer
- the store will open on
- want to welcome all our friends to
- will transfer your records to
- will enjoy our spacious new